I think the way it works is that you're required to pick something really obnoxious and then always keep the volume really high.

I keep mine on vibrate. But maybe that's just cuz it makes me feel kinda funny... :unsure

my brother uses raffi's banana phone. that's my jam!

Wow, that's just awesome. The bananaphone song was a running joke in my old office. There was a website with a flash animation that used the "ring ring ring Bananaphone!" in the background on a continuous loop, and somebody would play it at an almost-inaudible volume and leave it playing until it subliminally worked its way into people's heads and somebody finally flipped out and screamed "Oh my god, WTF is that??" and they'd race around the office trying to figure out where it was coming from. Good times. :lol

I think the way it works is that you're required to pick something really obnoxious and then always keep the volume really high.

exactly, and that's why I have Gilbert Gottfried laughing hysterically, as my ringtone.

Wow, that's just awesome. The bananaphone song was a running joke in my old office. There was a website with a flash animation that used the "ring ring ring Bananaphone!" in the background on a continuous loop, and somebody would play it at an almost-inaudible volume and leave it playing until it subliminally worked its way into people's heads and somebody finally flipped out and screamed "Oh my god, WTF is that??" and they'd race around the office trying to figure out where it was coming from. Good times. :lol

This reminds me that my cousin had to do similar detective work at one office and found a screensaver of animated M&Ms doing a performance of Ginsberg's Howl. It blew his mind. Long have I sought that on the web. I found traces of it years ago, but the actual file had been taken down.

How about "call tunes"? You know, when you call someone and instead of hearing a ring sound you get to hear a Kenny Chesney song at 187db. That's just awesome, awesome I tell you.

I don't have a cell phone, but if I did, and I intended on acquiring a ring tone, I'd go with either the Rockford Files theme song, the Sanford & Son theme song or the Barney Miller theme song. Maybe interchange them now and again.

I'd also let the ring tone play all the way through for each call as I dig those tunes.

I don't have a cell phone, but if I did, and I intended on acquiring a ring tone, I'd go with either the Rockford Files theme song, the Sanford & Son theme song or the Barney Miller theme song. Maybe interchange them now and again.

I'd also let the ring tone play all the way through for each call as I dig those tunes.

:thumbup

We sometimes talk about getting a doorbell that will play the Sanford & Son theme song -- but only because the street we live on is called Sanford.

Jesus, Etc. :)

"Baba O'Riley." Used to have a Nintendo-sounding version of "Iron Man."

Never owned a cell phone, but if I did, it would have one of J. Garcia's patended "Tiger Meltdowns" from some '72-'74 Dark Star/ TOO.

Never owned a cell phone, but if I did, it would have one of J. Garcia's patended "Tiger Meltdowns" from some '72-'74 Dark Star/ TOO.

Got a 30 second snippet of said darkstar.....no tiger jam though..... :ohwell

I currently use I'm a street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm...I'm a runaway son of the nuclear A-bomb,

and I used to have Chris Farley saying, "Brothers don't shake haaaaands, brothers gotta hugggggg!" when my brother called, until I changed phones.