Now playing August 2007

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ac027.jpg

:rock

I just got back from a "secret" free BSS show at TT the Bear's in Cambridge, MA. TTs is about the size of my living room and as anyone who has seen BSS knows, Kevin and the gang put on an amazing show and they brought it tonight. The band was Kevin, Justin, Brendan, Andrew Kenney from AmAnSet, Sam Goldberg from Uncut, and a guitarist that used to jam with Brendan and Kevin on early BSS material. Anyway, they played most of Spirit If and threw in some BSS rockers. Great band, great energy, I couldn't ask for anything more, they poured their hearts out on stage for us.

Kevin gave everyone high fives at 1pm for waiting in line for wristbands to get in, and after meeting Brendan several times I can say he is one of the nicest guys in music. We got to hear a song he recently wrote for his BSS Presents album and it rocked, stood up to any of the Spirit If material.

Goddammit I freakin love Kevin Drew and BSS.

ac027.jpg

:rock

I just got back from a "secret" free BSS show at TT the Bear's in Cambridge, MA. TTs is about the size of my living room and as anyone who has seen BSS knows, Kevin and the gang put on an amazing show and they brought it tonight. The band was Kevin, Justin, Brendan, Andrew Kinney from AmAnSet, Sam Goldberg from Uncut, and a guitarist that used to jam with Brendan and Kevin on early BSS material. Anyway, they played most of Spirit If and threw in some BSS rockers. Great band, great energy, I couldn't ask for anything more, they poured their hearts out on stage for us.

Kevin gave everyone high fives at 1pm for waiting in line for wristbands to get in, and after meeting Brendan several times I can say he is one of the nicest guys in music. We got to hear a song he recently wrote for his BSS Presents album and it rocked, stood up to any of the Spirit If material.

Goddammit I freakin love Kevin Drew and BSS.

Excellent - Hoping Andrew Kinney comes over to the UK - will be seeing BSS & Kevin Drew next Wednesday in London...

Brendan is a really great guy. At ATP last year we had a very drunken conversation about the similarities between Canada and Wales!

Excellent - Hoping Andrew Kinney comes over to the UK.

I'll second that. So glad to hear they throw some BSS material in for good measure too. I cant WAIT till next week. :dancing

Soo, How is it?

'Shame about the band'

NP - the ChesterField Kings

One listened once so this may change but it seemed more like 'good' Mendonza Line rather than 'great'. I still haven't listed to the bonus disc.

I haven't heard of these folks in a long time. I saw them open for REM in the late 80s and never heard of them again.

They broke up in 91 but have reformed and made a couple records since and play an occasional show.

NP-X-Wild Gift