Now playing August 2007

Well, kind of I guess (Rick Wakeman was in the band for a while in their early career, perhaps explaining that), but then most of those Folk Rock bands cross into progressive rock too. From the Witchwood & Grave New World are worth getting, but only start getting this stuff after you've bought or downloaded Trees - On The Shore, Trees - The Garden of Jane Delawney, Fotheringay - Fotheringay & Sandy Denny - The North Star Grassman and the Ravens, and the first 4 or 5 Fairport Convention albums, cos all those are really the best of the bunch.

NP. Abbey Road

Thanks for the special recommendations - I have purchased Fairport's Unhalfbricking for a start with them... Also a Sandy Denny solo (Sandy).

Will give a listen to these Trees.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daily%20Planet%20-%20Front.jpg

Good album. Then again, I love most of Todd's work.

NP:

41mBbRcIICL._AA240_.jpg

Definitely one of a small handful of CD's I revisit more than any other in my collection.

sadly, i never heard todd until last friday! i'm obssesed now.

I would definitely recommend getting your hands on any live bootlegs, or the live disc near truths and hotel rooms next. Though Todd has released some good studio work, it is in a live setting that he seems to really excel (like Loudon Wainwright III) as you get to hear his great songs along with his often funny stories and banter.

As for the studio work, they all have their gems on them. Of the stuff still available on CD, you can't go wrong with any of these: east nashville skyline, The Devil You Know, New Connection, or Happy to Be Here.

As for the studio work, they all have their gems on them. Of the stuff still available on CD, you can't go wrong with any of these: east nashville skyline, The Devil You Know, New Connection, or Happy to Be Here.

Peace, Love and Anarchy is good, too.

Todd's my boy. If you get a chance, score his Moondawg discs. It's a 5 cd set put together by a fan of all live stuff. Excellent compilation and worth hours of great Todd stories and tunes. You need to get on the listserve list and folks will offer to send them out as long as you agree to re-send to another group once you have them.

I grabbed a Billy Gibbons guitar magazine in the airport the other day - so now I have a desire to listen to ZZ Top. There is a documentary about him coming out - I would like to see that. I am listening to vinyl rips - mostly - as they are better than those fouled up cds. The last two rhino re-masters are from the original tapes - so that is a good thing.