Wishful Thinking, Hell is Chrome, Company in my Back

In light of what looks like a kick-ass show Sunday night (9/2) in Denver, when they busted out Company in my Back, it occurred to me that they haven't played these three very much lately.

I am lucky to have seen the second to most recent full band version of Wishful Thinking (7/16/06 Pines). They brought it back at the Warsaw (6/26/07).

As for Hell is Chrome, it hasn't been played since the first Auditorium show last fall (11/24/06).

What are everybody's thoughts? I think they'll be gems when performed live in the future.

I asked for "Wishful Thinking" in Santa Barbara and Jeff told me "I played that for you last time!" (referring to the solo show I saw in January...) i wish they played it more often, but then it might lose some of it's special-ness...

"Hell Is Chrome" is lovely and should be resurected as well... :yes

"Hell Is Chrome" is lovely and should be resurected as well... :yes

Agreed.

I didn't really have anything to say, just wanted to see what my rank becomes with my 500th post. :)

Candyfloss...meh. Probably my least favorite Wilco song.

I was so excited to hear Company in my Back in Calgary, as its one of my favourites, and they didn't play it at the Calgary show in 2006. I heard Wishful Thinking at the Calgary 2006 show, and it really changed the song for me. Whenever I would listen to AGIB, I really didn't pay attention to that song, and never looked forward to it. But after seeing it live, it's also become one of my favourite songs.

I've yet to hear Hell is Chrome live. Maybe next time.

They also soundchecked with Hell is Chrome at The Pines, too. What about Theologians, too? I don't see that very often on setlists, and along with Wishful Thinking and Company in my Back they are some of my favorite Wilco songs. I don't think they'll be permanent drops, I just think because this is the obligatory "Sky Blue Sky tour" they're making room for SBS songs. I think people keep forgetting that SBS was a bit more popular mainstream wise compared to the last albums, so they get upset and call Wilco sellouts when they don't hear the more obscure numbers being played in lieu of the "same old set list".

In light of what looks like a kick-ass show Sunday night (9/2) in Denver, when they busted out Company in my Back, it occurred to me that they haven't played these three very much lately.

I am lucky to have seen the second to most recent full band version of Wishful Thinking (7/16/06 Pines). They brought it back at the Warsaw (6/26/07).

As for Hell is Chrome, it hasn't been played since the first Auditorium show last fall (11/24/06).

What are everybody's thoughts? I think they'll be gems when performed live in the future.

I've seen Wilco now three times since AGIB came out and unfortunately have not heard live yet "Wishful Thinking" or "Company in My Back", which are two of my favorite songs on that recording. I did see "Hell is Chrome" live at the 2nd Minneapolis show back in 2004 and it was pretty amazing.

Just saw them in San Diego was hoping they play one or the other, especailly W.T., but to no avail :ohwell

I wish I could take a week off work and follow them around for a few gigs in a row to get as many songs to hear. I've just been kinda unlucky in that the 3 shows I've been to I have gotten alot of the same "older songs" at each one, ie "Misunderstood" has been played at all three shows. Seeing this tour setlist to see they are mixing in "Red Eyed and Blue/I Got You" and "Outta Sight" in the shows, I would have replaced Misunderstood for one of those old surpirses in San Diego if I had my "wish:

...Wishful thinking... :thumbup

they should play more wishful thinking in general

Wishful Thinking is probably the best song to come from Ghost along with Company In My Back.

It always seems like there's this weird stigma when it comes to playing Wishful Thinking since it didn't get played often to begin.

Why don't we just request Less Than You Think in its entire... drone?

What about Theologians, too? I don't see that very often on setlists, and along with Wishful Thinking and Company in my Back they are some of my favorite Wilco songs.

After I started this thread I got to thinking about Theologians. It is no longer an every show song like Jesus, etc., Late Greats or ITMWLY. I wonder how they determine which songs to curb.