Post some good images & photos

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mainly use my Canon 35mm SLR for photos, so I'm a bit old school by today's standards (Mind you, I do use a digital camera on occasion when I can't be bothered to bring out the behemoth.)

OLD SCHOOL!! i love film based photography (and well film/movies) so much better than digital. i think there is a true distinct look and quality that is being lost as everyone switches to digital. there is a beauty when light interplays with the film, the whole emulsion thing, and digital can't capture that.

OLD SCHOOL!! i love film based photography (and well film/movies) so much better than digital. i think there is a true distinct look and quality that is being lost as everyone switches to digital. there is a beauty when light interplays with the film, the whole emulsion thing, and digital can't capture that.

I totally agree. There's something about the color saturation and richness you get with film that you don't see with digital.

I love that last one. Where was it taken?

That was taken at sunrise on the Charles Bridge in Prague. Early morning is probably the best time to photograph there for the great light, as well as for the fact that there aren't the usual 1000 or so people milling about.

* The windmill photo was taken near Cesis, in Latvia, and the other one was at Cesky Krumlov, in the Czech Republic (what a beautiful town!)

3-CeskyKrumlov.jpg

That was taken at sunrise on the Charles Bridge in Prague. Early morning is probably the best time to photograph there for the great light, as well as for the fact that there aren't the usual 1000 or so people milling about.

Oh, now I feel dumb because I've been there. My photos weren't nearly so lovely, though.

Me at Shea Stadium Friday night.

meatshea.jpg