Someone Else's Song...

This doesn't cheapen their music in the least. Also, it's all about "selling out" and attracting the "wrong kinds of fans" at shows. Yep.

Keep telling yourselves that. It makes me laugh, if nothing else.

You know I have nothing to contribute specifically to this thread but the fact you are laughing just brightens my soul.

Just a little information on the game, it's called Team Fortress 2, it runs off the steam engine (Half Life 2)...and these commercials are online only available through the steam network (and eventually youtube etc). I played Counter Strike and Team Fortress Classic all through high school, and since basically quitting video games a few years ago this is the only game that has remained on my radar (it's been in development with various scraped versions for 6 or 7 years). I for one think this is supremely cool. For those who think it's bullshit, to me its just a nice homage that .001% of the people who view that will pick up, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I thought that was bad ass. It would be really cool if that guy just screamed AND YOUR EYES THEY JUST ROLL at the very end.

I'm all for Wilco anywhere and everywhere. It sure beats hearing I Can't Get No Satisfaction, or some song you hear all the time on commercial radio. I want to hear Wilco songs even when I hearing Wilco songs. For all those upset, Get over your self. If you love the music, you should love it any time any where. WORD.

Mos Def.

Could be my bad laptop speakers, but I'm not sure that was "Someone Else's Song." It starts off identical, but seems to diverge later on. As somone mentioned earlier, the song has some pretty standard country patterns and walk-ups, it would be pretty easy for someone trying to play a stereotypical county patter to accidentally replicate a but of the song. As, I said though, bad laptop speakers, so I might not have heard it well.