Nels Cline tour dates

Can't believe Nels and Glenn are playing separate shows in San Francisco on the same night. Decisions, decisions!

10/03 SAN DIEGO, CA | WINSTON'S

Banyan

10/05 LONG BEACH, CA | DI PIAZZA'S

Banyan

10/23 VANCOUVER, CANADA | THE IRONWORKS

Scott Amendola Band

(Amendola, Parker, Scheinman, Shifflet, Cline)

10/24 SEATTLE, WA | TBD

Nels Cline Singers (w/ & without Jeff Parker) + Scott Amendola Band

10/25 SAN FRANCISCO, CA | CAFE DU NORD

Nels Cline Singers (w/ & without Jeff Parker)

10/26 WINTERS, CA | THE PALMS PLAYHOUSE

Scott Amendola Band

12/04 LONG BEACH, CA | DI PIAZZA'S

The Nels Cline Singers

12/05 HOLLYWOOD, CA | SAFARI SAM'S

The Nels Cline Singers

I really have to stay with a buddy of mine in LA when he's playing there because I love his other projects he has done, but I only have the recordings, and have never seen those projects live.

It's very cool to see that Banyan will be playing a few shows. Hopefully Nels will come east in the winter or spring with the Singers. I've been listening to Draw Breath and Instrumentals a lot lately and have just been completely blown away by them. I almost drove down to Philly to see him play with Jenny Scheinman in August, but as it turns out he wasn't able to make the show because of his chicken pox.

Something to keep in mind is that they probably don't tour extensively very often because they're paying for everything themselves. They all live in California, so it's relatively easy for them just to load up a van with their gear and go.

Springdale! I love love love Springdale, Utah. It's one of my rock tourism dreams to see Banyan play there.

Me too. We should have a big VC party at the next Banyan show in Springdale. When Nels is playing, of course.

I will for sure be at the DiPiazza's Banyan gig and the Singers show in Hollywood. This is exciting news as always.

not true. I've seen him in Chiago 4 or 5 times, and I know he's played in New York and Europe.
I've seen him with the NC Singers & Carla Bozulich twice in Atlanta and once in Iowa (opening for Wilco as part of Carla's group). That was before he was in Wilco. Ever since joining Wilco he hasn't done a cross country solo tour and even before Wilco it was pretty rare.
Well, Vancouver is in BC (British California) and Nels has a big following here.Can't wait! :monkey :monkey
Plus, it's Vancouver. Who wouldn't jump at every possible chance to go to Vancouver?
  • 2 weeks later...

San Diego tonite, Long Beach Friday. Time for a bump. I was at the DiPiazza's show at the beginning of the summer . . . very inspiring . . .

I'm seriously thinking bout this Friday (but i work on Sat. morn) . . . they sarted at 11:30 last time, oh well I've turned into a pumpkin and made it to work the next b4 . . .

Me too. We should have a big VC party at the next Banyan show in Springdale. When Nels is playing, of course.

I will for sure be at the DiPiazza's Banyan gig and the Singers show in Hollywood. This is exciting news as always.

So who all is going on Friday ? I had some food last time for Banyan at DiPiazza's, got there early, there were 3 bands b4, gonna have to check the DiPiazza web site to check on how many bands (and who) is playing this Friday.

VC party ? or wait for the Nels Cline Singers ?

Banyan's pretty fun y'all . . .