Because it's pretty much the same thing

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, answer this please:

If our civilization was to fall, and rise again, is it possible that a new god may take the place of the current god? And, if so, is it possible that the new version of god would, in no way, resemble the current version? And, if so, would that render current god obsolete?

To talk about disparagingly or insultingly or To pass over lightly or carelessly; treat without due consideration.

Therein lies why everybody takes issue with you...what does it matter if the slur is predicated on skin or religion? A slur is a slur is a slur. Why would you expect anybody to respect you when you don't believe in respect yourself?

Is sky god a direct verbal assault against your person, as is the use of nigger or kike?

Because you, yourself, are not sky god

Calling someone a fool for believing in god (which is what you're doing) is a direct verbal assault on one's beliefs. Pretty much no different than calling someone a kike, or a heeb, or a mackerel snapper (which is actually kinda funny), or whatever religious epithet you want to throw around.

Calling someone a fool for believing in god (which is what you're doing) is a direct verbal assault on one's beliefs. Pretty much no different than calling someone a kike, or a heeb, or a mackerel snapper (which is actually kinda funny), or whatever religious epithet you want to throw around.

Calling someone a fool is on par with calling someone a kike or a heeb? Really? Wow?

There is going to be a drastic increase in reported hate crimes out there.

or, whether he believes it or not, god is someone i have a relationship with...a very strong relationship with on par w/ that of my wife and children. i wouldn't stand for anybody to insult them, why would this be any different?

to clarify...joking around about, i can handle and think god can too. he has to have a sense of humor. disrepecting is something completely different.

Do I find some beliefs ridiculous, yes, does it then follow that I think I am above the person who holds those beliefs, hell no.

finding a belief ridiculous...a lot different than constantly telling someone their belief is ridiculous.

Would you concede that there are probably just as many articulate, intelligent, open minded religious folk out there?I bet you wouldn't.
There are millions upon millions of extremely intelligent, articulate religious folk out there, countless numbers