Because it's pretty much the same thing

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

radio rental

Parents use religion to avoid vaccines

By STEVE LeBLANC, Associated Press Writer 1 hour, 1 minute ago

BOSTON - Sabrina Rahim doesn't practice any particular faith, but she had no problem signing a letter declaring that because of her deeply held religious beliefs, her 4-year-old son should be exempt from the vaccinations required to enter preschool.

ADVERTISEMENT

She is among a small but growing number of parents around the country who are claiming religious exemptions to avoid vaccinating their children when the real reason may be skepticism of the shots or concern they can cause other illnesses. Some of these parents say they are being forced to lie because of the way the vaccination laws are written in their states.

"It's misleading," Rahim admitted, but she said she fears that earlier vaccinations may be to blame for her son's autism. "I find it very troubling, but for my son's safety, I feel this is the only option we have."

An Associated Press examination of states' vaccination records and data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that many states are seeing increases in the rate of religious exemptions claimed for kindergartners.

"Do I think that religious exemptions have become the default? Absolutely," said Dr. Paul Offit, head of infectious diseases at Children's Hospital in Philadelphia and one of the harshest critics of the anti-vaccine movement. He said the resistance to vaccines is "an irrational, fear-based decision."

The number of exemptions is extremely small in percentage terms and represents just a few thousand of the 3.7 million children entering kindergarten in 2005, the most recent figure available.

But public health officials say it takes only a few people to cause an outbreak that can put large numbers of lives at risk.

"When you choose not to get a vaccine, you're not just making a choice for yourself, you're making a choice for the person sitting next to you," said Dr. Lance Rodewald, director of the CDC's Immunization Services Division.

All states have some requirement that youngsters be immunized against such childhood diseases as measles, mumps, chickenpox, diphtheria and whooping cough.

Twenty-eight states, including Florida, Massachusetts and New York, allow parents to opt out for medical or religious reasons only. Twenty other states, among them California, Pennsylvania, Texas and Ohio, also allow parents to cite personal or philosophical reasons. Mississippi and West Virginia allow exemptions for medical reasons only.

From 2003 to 2007, religious exemptions for kindergartners increased, in some cases doubled or tripled, in 20 of the 28 states that allow only medical or religious exemptions, the AP found. Religious exemptions decreased in three of these states

Did you bang it on your jam-jar and did it make you radio rental?

I use to be able to speak it better - that was probably too much.

three stops down from plaistow

radio rental

weren't you the one saying this thread should be closed?

Baby, I get so scared inside and I don't really understand

Is it love that's on my mind or is it fantasy?

Heaven, is in the palm of my hand and it's waiting here for you

What am I supposed to do with a childhood tradgedy?

If I close my eyes forever

Would it all remain unchanged?

Would it all remain the same?

Sometimes, its hard to hold on, so hard to hold on to my dreams

It isn't always what it seems when you're face to face with me

Like a dagger you stick me in the heart and taste the blood from my blade

And when we sleep would you shelter me in your warm and darkened grave?

If i close my eyes forever

Would it all remain the same?

Will you ever take me?

No I just can't take the pain

Would you ever trust me?

No I'll never feel the same (oh)

(instrumental)

I know I've been so hard on you

I know I've told you lies

If I could have just one more wish

I'd wipe the cobwebs from my eyes

would it all remain the same? (Oh yeah)

Close your eyes...

Close your eyes...

You gotta close your eyes for me..........

I once sat in a booth under Lita's framed underwear at The Hard Rock Cafe in Cleveland.

If ever there was a call for pics please...