Because it's pretty much the same thing

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A-man, c'mon', have I ever once tried to force my religious beliefs on you? Is the issue that they are forcing their religious beliefs or just forcing their beliefs on you? What if someone was going door to door to campaign for a law or candidate that you supported yourself...but you neighbor didn't?

Forcing your opinions or beliefs as absolute fact on anybody...disrespectfully attacking their intellectual capacity if they don't ascribe to your views be they religious, political, artistic, etc....it's intolerance no matter what wing you lean towards.

Alright - sorry I said that.

I wish Al Gore or Haile Selassie would get the admins to outlaw the posting of whole shows in Mp3 on Via Chicago.

And also - there are four religious channels provided to me by my cable provider - maybe someone could do something about that.

A-man, c'mon', have I ever once tried to force my religious beliefs on you? Is the issue that they are forcing their religious beliefs or just forcing their beliefs on you? What if someone was going door to door to campaign for a law or candidate that you supported yourself...but you neighbor didn't?

Forcing your opinions or beliefs as absolute fact on anybody...disrespectfully attacking their intellectual capacity if they don't ascribe to your views be they religious, political, artistic, etc....it's intolerance no matter what wing you lean towards.

jnick, you are doing an awful lot of backpeddling. you can fall back on saying that your issue is w/ 'organized religion' and their intolerance of certain groups...but if i really wanted to, i could go back in this thread and others and cite your comments against anybody who believes in god or any sort of other higher power. you don't find your repeated addition of 'sky' in front of 'god' doesn't come off as an insult to anyone of any faith who believes? i'm completely okay w/ people believing or not believing in something...i'm okay w/ people respectfully articulating their 'strong convictions' and what they believe or don't believe in...i'm not okay w/ people who rally against intolerance and are completely intolerant themselves.

Why is sky god offensive

Are you saying all religious solicitors and/or religious practitioners are intelligent, thoughtful people who are truly interested in my souls wellbeing

I never said "all" people are anything. That's your schtick.

Is your mind completely and utterly free of generalizations of any kind?

Any freedom my mind experiences has it's genesis in spiritual practice.

I just got caught measuring how far away my eyes are from each other without first asking how far away from each other they are supposed to be in the first place. does it matter how big my hands or feet are? little help here?

Alright - sorry I said that.

No blood, no foul my man. I undertsand that in some communities, the constant bombardment of said beliefs to the point of infringement on personal time and space, could really sully your overall view towards things. You are going to find people in any sort of group that have the potential to give it a bad name...it's hard sometimes not to let it be representative of the whole in our minds. If we don't try, however, we're just as bad anyone who stereotypes people based on skin color or sexual preference. That was my point.

I never said "all" people were anything. That's your schtick.

Any freedom my mind experiences has it's genesis in spiritual practice.

Well, you took offense to my use of they, when, it was clear I was referring to a specific

Gun control leads to an increase in door to door religious people because the less guns out there, the less likely they are to get shot at as they run away from your front porch.

P.S. Analogman, I think there is a "that's what she said" somewhere in Poongooglers comment of "does it matter how big my hands or feet are? little help here?" I'll let you take that one though, it's too easy for me.

similiar to what flick was doing with her pee, i got the same thing but a little different going on in a huge tupperware bucket in my backyard.

I think I saw a CSI with a plot kinda like that once