Discuss: "We're the 49ers" is a better song than "Super Bowl Shuffle"

It's just hard for me to feel any sympathy for anyone when my team is 0-12, hasn't made the playoffs in a third of my life (in a league that practically forces every team to be competitive) and hasn't won a super bowl since 15 years before I was born.

that's a shame.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not a fan of the Cowboys

too bad...I never liked Lou Holtz either

Someone needs to get Fred Belitnikoff (sp?) to have a little talk with Willie Parker. :lol

You mean the team that has won 2 Super Bowls in the last 11 years?

I was speaking more of this year specifically. Mike Shanahan went out in the offseason and spent a bunch of money that A. the team really didn't have, and B. will come to regret spending . He made a blocking TE the highest paid TE in the league and paid a truck load of money for a RB who, outside of a possible year long drug suspension, can't stay healthy enough to stay on the field. Not too mention he threw a but load of money at Dre Bly who couldn't cover me if I was having a good day.

that's a shame.

Youre team has won what, like 40 superbowls? I'm allowed to complain.

I was speaking more of this year specifically. Mike Shanahan went out in the offseason and spent a bunch of money that A. the team really didn't have, and B. will come to regret spending . He made a blocking TE the highest paid TE in the league and paid a truck load of money for a RB who, outside of a possible year long drug suspension, can't stay healthy enough to stay on the field. Not too mention he threw a but load of money at Dre Bly who couldn't cover me if I was having a good day.

Yeah. 0-12.

Yeah. 0-12.

I'm not saying that the Broncos have it worse than Miami, because they don't. Look at it this way though, At least Miami is going to get the top draft spot. The Broncos will win just enough to get themselves somewhere in the vicinity of the 18-20th pick and they will inevitably draft somebody that is a reach and won't amount to squat.

I'm not saying that the Broncos have it worse than Miami, because they don't. Look at it this way though, At least Miami is going to get the top draft spot. The Broncos will win just enough to get themselves somewhere in the vicinity of the 18-20th pick and they will inevitably draft somebody that is a reach and won't amount to squat.

Ted Ginn Jr.

I'm sorry, I'm just wallowing in self pity today.

After your team made the Jets look like the Dallas Patriots, that's not surprising.

I guess most of the time that is a correct assumption :shifty

Dan Marino 27th pick

Mike Singletary 38th pick

Howie Long 48th

Steve Largent 117th

Johnny Unitis 102nd

Lynn Swann 21st

Dave Casper 45th

Jack Lambert 46th

Dan Fouts 64th

Fred Biletnikoff 39th

Roger Staubach 129th

Nick Buoniconti 102nd

Fran Tarkenton 29th

Bart Starr 200th

I guess most of the time that is a correct assumption :shifty

Dan Marino 27th pick

Mike Singletary 38th pick

Howie Long 48th

Steve Largent 117th

Johnny Unitis 102nd

Lynn Swann 21st

Dave Casper 45th

Jack Lambert 46th

Dan Fouts 64th

Fred Biletnikoff 39th

Roger Staubach 129th

Nick Buoniconti 102nd

Fran Tarkenton 29th

Bart Starr 200th

Tom Brady 199th

FIU's first player drafted in the NFL draft, Antwaan "El Monstruo" Barnes picks up his first NFL sack, throwing Brady down with one arm with a guy on him. That kid is gonna be special.

My roommate and I got all excited about it. The announcer even said "3rd round pick from Florida International". Really cool, imo.

I thought about you when they said that.

*swoon*

But yeah, there's a reason they called him "El Monstruo" here. He's a beast. In the combine, he ran the fastest 40 yard time of any LB, and had the second most bench reps.

*swoon*

But yeah, there's a reason they called him "El Monstruo" here. He's a beast. In the combine, he ran the fastest 40 yard time of any LB, and had the second most bench reps.

The announcers are ballwashing him.