New Year's Eve shows - ring in 2008 with ...

Which Fillmore is that? They just renamed a venue in Detroit to be "The Fillmore" ... :hmm But I think I recall you are in Denver, no?

Yes, Denver. They've done shows there for NYE the last few years and always have decent/great guest musicians join in and usually really good opening acts. I may catch the night or two before NYE just because it's a drag getting a cab and dealing with crowds on NYE.

Brion sounds awesome.

But, as you will soon learn, wife and I do not do many shows.

Are you going? Have a great time!

Brion sounds awesome.

But, as you will soon learn, wife and I do not do many shows.

Are you going? Have a great time!

So meeting you BOTH at the Steve Earle show was a rare event, eh? ;)

Yeah, I did get tix for Jon Brion, but I might be in Tucson. Plans are in the air.

If I am in Tucson, here's what I'll be doing a few days before NYE:

TUCSON, AZ:

Calexico Friday Dec 28, 2007

( KXCI Radio Benefit - Temple of Music & Art - Tucson AZ - The annual year-end home-town concert to benefit KXCI Community Radio - featuring Calexico and friends! ) http://www.casadecalexico.com/tours

I like Greg Proops!

I think I'm the only person I know who doesn't. However, I like the other comedians I mentioned so much, that I'd put up with him.

As far as NYE, I'd love to be at the Jon Brion show, but we'll be driving back from PA that day. somebody make sure he plays "Day Tripper".

So meeting you BOTH at the Steve Earle show was a rare event, eh? ;)

Yeah, I did get tix for Jon Brion, but I might be in Tucson. Plans are in the air.

If I am in Tucson, here's what I'll be doing a few days before NYE:

TUCSON, AZ:

Calexico Friday Dec 28, 2007

( KXCI Radio Benefit - Temple of Music & Art - Tucson AZ - The annual year-end home-town concert to benefit KXCI Community Radio - featuring Calexico and friends! ) http://www.casadecalexico.com/tours

GOTO TUCSON!

I love it down there. If you make sure you do some hiking in Sagurao National Park.

GOTO TUCSON!

I just got back from a week's vacation there. Saw Calexico Nov 3 as well! :cheers For free!

I graduated from U of A way back when, so I agree 100% with your cheers about Tucson. What a great place.

I am all over Jon Brion in Chicago (not literally) and I can't wait. But Elvis Costello at the Showboat in Atlantic City makes me laugh because we used to vacation at the Showboat every summer when I was a kid. (Well, actually, "every summer" = "for three or four years," but it felt like every summer.) That place was so campy and awesome. I'll bet that'll be a good time.

Mart, your plans sound wonderful. And although Dreamin' hasn't chimed in, her family's NYE celebration makes me jealous every year.