86 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite?

• Wendy's
    • McDonald's
    • Arby's
    • Taco Bell
    • Burger King
    • Subway

I don't eat much fast food anymore, maybe an occasional Wendy's, which used to be my weakness. BK burgers taste alright, though I haven't stopped there in ages. I can't believe I used to prefer McDonald's as a kid, I find their whole menu completely inedible now, just disgusting. Subway's alright unless you know of any local sandwich shop wherever you are, which is guaranteed to be better.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still sometimes pine for the gold-foil wrapped cheeseburgers from junior high (or "middle") school with sweaty buns and patties peppered with grayed blood-and-fat blisters that you only noticed when applying ketchup. Mmm.

Thanks for initially bringing back a fond memory and then subsequently making me want to fucking puke. :thumbup

Rally's has the best fries on earth.

Indeed!!! We had a Rally's for a very short time directly across from a McD's and a couple buildings up from BK. We would drive thru Rally's and get our fries then go to McD's for our Quarter Pounders and Cokes. We were SOOO sad when it left :(

Mc Ribs are back.

I had a McPizza in SC back in the summer of '91...NO joke!!!

There's even one in Mexico!

And yet not a one in New England :realmad Thank goodness for my one trip to Mississippi, otherwise, I wouldn't have a clue!!!

EDIT: Talking Sonic here, btw...

And yet not a one in New England :realmad Thank goodness for my one trip to Mississippi, otherwise, I wouldn't have a clue!!!

EDIT: Talking Sonic here, btw...

You see the ads all the time too? That map blew me away - why would a company (who's not exactly a GE or Disney, as far as I know) advertise in places they don't exist?

Say what you will about McDonalds, but I dig their salads with no chicken. Specifically the Asian (it has edamame) and the Southwestern or whatever it's called. Where I live they even have a pretty nice mix of greens.

I haven't had a traditional fast food meal in forever, but is it wrong that I'm looking at the "Fast Food ads vs. Reality" site and I think the reality photos look pretty damn good, too? Yeah, it is. But oh well. Man, I could go for a squished, greasy, fatty, salty fast food burger with mystery sauces right now.

You see the ads all the time too? That map blew me away - why would a company (who's not exactly a GE or Disney, as far as I know) advertise in places they don't exist?

idk Sir S, my friends and I have been trying to figure this out for the past couple of years. Also, if you remember Lowe's (the home store or whatever) used to advertise up here for years before there were ever any even around here.

I see them all the time too. I had no idea where they were located until I saw that map. Why would they advertise so far away from their locations???

I see them all the time too. I had no idea where they were located until I saw that map. Why would they advertise so far away from their locations???

Man, you know WHO ELSE does it...Cici's!!! I even contacted them about maybe opening one on my own and they said "Sorry, we're not looking to expand into your area at the moment." Then why the HECK are you even advertising up here?!? Ggrrr...

idk Sir S, my friends and I have been trying to figure this out for the past couple of years.

I think they're getting us all torqued up for when they finally do open locations in our areas.

Seriously, their advertising is relentless here ... but I'd have to drive about three hours and into another state to reach one.

Man, you know WHO ELSE does it...Cici's!!! I even contacted them about maybe opening one on my own and they said "Sorry, we're not looking to expand into your area at the moment." Then why the HECK are you even advertising up here?!? Ggrrr...

My father assures me that Cici's is not worth it. He said it was nasty.

I'm with you, Mr. Huxtable.

Steak-N-Shake and their 24-hour-ness makes them a frequent target for a late-night after-show road-trip coffee and food pitstops. Best fries, IMO. Great burgers. And shakes? Hell yes.

Cheap? No.

Fast? No.

Wendy's is the ickiest of the lot. Maybe it's just my local Wendy's but man, they never fail to disappoint. Those "Frostys" are icky, the cheese is never melted, the chicken patties are like jerky, all of the lettuce is iceberg and sometimes it's actually icy iceberg. I've only been once or twice in the past year or so and the experiences made me angry. I like that they offer a baked potato and that's all I like about them.

I eat McD's constantly because it's free thanks to a cross-promotion with our theater. It bums me out to eat it (I've read the book), but free food is free food! :hmm

Arby's---sweet tea & onion petals!

Sonic----Tots with cheeeeeese!!

Taco Bell---I dig fairly well even thought I'd always rather go to one of the local independent, real food, Mexican joints. Taco Bell is just a cheaper sub when I'm broke (often).

Wendy's is the ickiest of the lot. Maybe it's just my local Wendy's but man, they never fail to disappoint. Those "Frostys" are icky, the cheese is never melted, the chicken patties are like jerky, all of the lettuce is iceberg and sometimes it's actually icy iceberg.

I'm thinking it's just your local one. It's been a while since I've eaten at Wendy's, but it was always a cut or two above every other fast-food burger joint around here ... and the spicy chicken sandwich is yummy2.

I think they're getting us all torqued up for when they finally do open locations in our areas.

Agreed (just like Lowe's)... :yes

My father assures me that Cici's is not worth it. He said it was nasty.

Good thing I didn't buy in then, eh?!? :hmm

I'm with you, Mr. Huxtable.

Steak-N-Shake and their 24-hour-ness makes them a frequent target for a late-night after-show road-trip coffee and food pitstops. Best fries, IMO. Great burgers. And shakes? Hell yes.

Cheap? No.

Fast? No.

Well, yeah, if steak and shake counts then I'd have to reorder my list, but since you sit down and they have waiters/waitresses, i think it counts as more of a diner.

Wendy's is the ickiest of the lot. Maybe it's just my local Wendy's but man, they never fail to disappoint. Those "Frostys" are icky, the cheese is never melted, the chicken patties are like jerky, all of the lettuce is iceberg and sometimes it's actually icy iceberg. I've only been once or twice in the past year or so and the experiences made me angry. I like that they offer a baked potato and that's all I like about them.

that's definately due to incompetence at your local wendy's.

all the ones i frequent in the k.c. area are better than your average fast food joint imo.