Let the Year End Lists Begin

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a list means absolutely nothing, but I don't see anyone giving any love to The Sea And Cake. Everybody is a tremendous album, and it has been largely ignored.

Oh well. It doesn't really matter how many lists they end up on, most of the groups/artists mentioned won't have the longevity and consistency Sam and co. have had.

There is only one album on that list that I absolutely loved: Jens Lekman (#21)

There are many that I thought were good to very good: Menomena (#85), The Clientele (#57), Justice (#46), Spoon (#29), LCD Soundsystem (#22), Radiohead (#11), Wilco (#7)

It's not worth listing the ones I felt were pretty good to good.

I was disappointed not to see White Williams, David Vandervelde, or Panda Bear. I'd like to think each of those were good enough to make a top 100 list, as they'd be near my personal top 10. Oh, well.

Also, I'd agree with Markosis that the Sea and Cake album - and the band in general - is often unfairly overlooked.

where's neil young and, dare i say it, the eagles!!

:cheekkiss

i haven't heard the new neil young, and it's been torturing me. i hate not being able to buy music. but i have no doubt that i will enjoy it when i finally get a chance to grab it.

The absence of Person Pitch is comical. Unless, of course, it's in at -1 (that's minus 1). I'd congratulate both Panda Bear for his achievement and Paste for their tecnological advancement in field of Top Tenology if this was the case.

I got a real problem with the placement of 100 Days 100 Nights and Armchair Apocrypha outside of the top twenty. Especially considering albums like

Wincing..., Cease to Begin, Sky Blue Sky and Volta place higher.

I love PJ Harvey but for the life of me can't connect w/White Chalk and it has no business placing ahead of Fort Nightly or The Good, The Bad & The Queen.

Band of Horses at #9. Absolutely no way.

I love PJ Harvey but for the life of me can't connect w/White Chalk and it has no business placing ahead of Fort Nightly or The Good, The Bad & The Queen.

Should have been called White Chalk On A Blackboard.

I really wanted to like it.

I know a list means absolutely nothing, but I don't see anyone giving any love to The Sea And Cake. Everybody is a tremendous album, and it has been largely ignored.

Oh well. It doesn't really matter how many lists they end up on, most of the groups/artists mentioned won't have the longevity and consistency Sam and co. have had.

I agree, that album will definitely be in my top 25.