• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read any rumours but I still think JL and JS meet up in the future and have an epic battle. But that's not who is in the coffin. Michael is, I do believe. And I don't think killing JL would mean we won't see him again. Like Obi-Wan "strike me down now and I will become more powerful then you can ever imagine" or something like that.

This is already a classic and there's still an hour left. I was wondering how Sawyer was gonna be left out once he was on the helicopter and that was not at all what I was expecting. Wow!

I'm prone to exaggeration, but that just might be my favorite episode of any tv show ever.

K so that was a tremendous season finale, great season overall, tied up some loose ends. This season (like some of the episode titles referenced) brought together the story as an overall whitmore vs ben thing going on. Anyways here are some general thoughts I have now:

-Will next season feature a penny/desmond/frank getaway or hiding storyline

-Will we get more backstory to frank?

-Does Sun work for Ben

-What did sawyer say to kate and what does kate have to do

-If the crew does get back to the island (which most likely with happen) will Locke come back alive sorta like jack's dad

-The island originals, the people who followed Ben, are they timeless angel/spirt types. This could explain why they never age haha

Aside from those questions, I just have to say that these past few episodes have had some great meet ups between whitmore, ben, locke, jack and sawyer. Seeing the big 3 of locke ben and jack share the screen for the first time in forever was great ;)

I sobbed when Desmond and Penny first saw each other.... and then exhaled once Desmond was safely over the side of the boat. Man. So happy to see that happen, seriously.

We were all throwing around ideas at my house, and we were hoping desmond didnt die (we figured he must have to) Once we saw penny we all were freaking thinking she was gonna kill him

We were all throwing around ideas at my house, and we were hoping desmond didnt die (we figured he must have to) Once we saw penny we all were freaking thinking she was gonna kill him

The way they showed him climbing up the ladder and then I think there was a close-up of his legs going over the rails or something, I thought he might fall... but then I also felt like it would have been a huge shift in emotion to have him slip or something, and yet apparently I was holding my breath the entire scene. Plus their reunion was a good balance to Sun's frantic screaming and loss of Jin, which (even if just for the sake of this episode's emotional ride and not in the greater Lost universe) fits well with the yin/yang theme that permeates everything on this show.

Their story was always so sweet, I pulled for them from the first time we learned about their relationship. Desmond displaced Sawyer and Locke as my favorites, he's so great. It was just really satisfying to see them reunited -- not to mention finally having a storyline be "closed!"

okay. some afterthoughts:

does sun help whidmore kill locke? does whidmore develop a desire for locke as he had for ben once he becomes the "leader" of the island?

also, i think ben is full of shit. he can (and will) get back to the island...he probably just needs jack and friends to do so..

whoa. wait a second. new thought: locke's "death" is a set up by him and ben to get the oceanic 6 back to the island

okay, im just going to stop now. man i really hate waiting between seasons. this is going to be torture.

GOD DAMN THAT FINALE WAS SO GOOD okay now im done

"I have to be leaving, but I won't let that come between us, okay?"

Oh.

The clue here is the name Jeremy Bentham. Jeremy Bentham was an English philosopher who was known, amongst other things, for the notion of the "Auto-Icon". The auto icon is basically a taxidermied person. But may also refer to a "doll" if you will. I think what we are seeing is a John Locke doll and that the whole funeral ruse is just Ben trying to manipulate Jack back to the island.

Screencaps and video up already.