Apparently the skeletons found in the caves during season 1 will be proof that they've had the same end result planned the entire time.

It's been years since I watched season 1, can you remind me when this was, just as a memory jog?

I'm scratching my head trying to remember..... all the corpses/skeletons I recall are in season 2.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't remember those. Damn, I took Lost for granted and mentally filed them both away as 'unimportant'!

Please don't force me to watch it all again from the start....please....

You know, the caves some people from the camp moved to before the hatch was discovered... home to some big plot moments in the early seasons...

If anyone tries to force you to rewatch the show in a place called Room 23, I suggest you run. :pirate

You know, the caves some people from the camp moved to before the hatch was discovered... home to some big plot moments in the early seasons...

Thank God for your Lostpedia link, I remember all the events the page mentioned but I just imagined everyone still to be camped out on the beach.

I was having trouble remembering Room 23 too, and then I caught the pic of square-eyed Karl being brainwashed and it all came flooding back. The Karl episode is roughly around the time when I took my year sabbatical from Lost, only catching up on the second half of Season 3 and the first part of Season 4 a couple of months ago.

Dementia is clearly kicking in. I knew I should have been taking notes...

Thank God for your Lostpedia link, I remember all the events the page mentioned but I just imagined everyone still to be camped out on the beach.

No worries... as the link reminds us, the caves have fallen by the wayside.

My new theory: the island weaves in and out of the past and future, that's why the rocket took a few days to get there, yet when Desmond and Sayid are on the freighter the calendar was a few days behind. So the skeletons are Jack and Kate when they get back to the island!!! :o

"Australia is key to the whole game" and according to Lostpedia (I didn't notice), Widmore had an Australian accent at the end (he was Scottish before, correct?).

Anyways, what an episode! This is what season 4 of Lost should be like.

Guest Muncle Douchey
We got our action and adventure tonight. The Smoke Monster - controlled by Ben? Interesting ending.

is it controlled by ben or did he just agitate it? that was the shit either way.

is it controlled by ben or did he just agitate it? that was the shit either way.

Or do they just want us to think he did - since he went into some sort of stone tunnel and did something. I find it odd that it apparently did not get everyone - as that one dude will be in next week's episode.

Guest Muncle Douchey
as that one dude will be in next week's episode.

i hate that actor. i was hoping he'd be dead. something about that guys face just really angers me.

How funny is it that Sawyer is all of a sudden some kind of a saint? Risking his life to save Claire, taking up for Hurley.

The show definitely took a major aesthetic lose with the death of Alexis.

The future relationship with Sayid and Ben is intriquing thus far. it seems as if Widmore will become a very central character as we through these next handful of episodes and into next season.

I agree that last night was a good, action-packed, multi-layered episode. It may be that way for the rest of the season as we know they are cramming 9 episodes into 6.

I just watched episode 9 last night - I missed it on Thursday night because I went to see Spring Awakening on Broadway. The actor playing one of the lead roles looked really familiar, and I didn't realize it at the time, but it was Karl!

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. I like it when the plot moves along. :dancing

A quick aside: my really good friend's cousin won a couple of Tony's for Spring Awakening.

Back on topic, this episode was definitely in my top 3. As much as I don't feel completely comfortable with it, my dislike for Ben wanes with each episode.

Looks like we'll be gaining back one of the episodes lost to the writers strike in the form of an extra hour in the season finale:

It's official: Sources confirm to me exclusively that Steve McPherson has signed off on Lost's extraspecial 14th hour this season, which means Lost is getting a three-hour finale! The first hour airs May 15, the second and third hours will air May 29, beginning at 9 p.m. (ABC will still air the finales of Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy on May 22, as expected, and Grey's will be two hours long.)

Word is there are so many big reveals the producers wanted to deliver this season that they felt anything less than a full three-hour finale would have cheated the fans. In fact, I'm hearing that the writers' draft for the second half of the finale was 80 pages long, which led all parties involved to realize these stories had to be told now. Anything else would have felt like a rip-off for the fans.

source: eOnline

Caught this last night, and my initial thoughts were that if you get cast in Lost and don't have a speaking part, then you won't last that long.

Also, I thought the episode was good but the dialogue for the final Ben/Widmore stand-off was quite poor in my opinion. It was just a little bit too pantomime villain-esque/Dick Dastardly, which is a shame because the writers normally come up with some good lines.

I think Widmore is supposed to be English. However, he is played by an Australian actor. A chap ubiquitous on US tv it seems, but forever known as Jim Robinson in the UK

0C966BE4-BE93-E04E-5684DF1D5FE18321.jpg