Well not only them. There were, what, 250+ people on the plane? How many survivors? The kids were on Ben's list and were taken in the first couple of days. Were there no parents? Does it seem in keeping with Jack's character, for example, to just abandon them? It's like the Losties totally forgot about them.

the kids were in the tail section, and they were on their way to LA to meet their parents. they told this to ana lucia, and it was just mentioned in juliet's episode ('the kids keep asking about their parents'). we also see them in one of jack's episodes, and it looks like cindy (the flight attendant) is taking care of them.

it's not clear whether jack or anyone in the front section ever knew about the kids in the first place (i guess bernard knows, but maybe he forgot?)

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly! I don't think there were any other children that survived the crash besides them and Walt. Unless I am forgetting something. Isn't it 48 people that survived? I'll have to check lostpedia.

EDIT: 72 including Vincent.

Exactly! I don't think there were any other children that survived the crash besides them and Walt. Unless I am forgetting something. Isn't it 48 people that survived? I'll have to check lostpedia.

Okay, so let's assume those were the only kids taken. There were still other people on the list taken, right? Adults? It just seems like no one is paying any attention to them. As far as no one in the front knowing people were taken, I don't buy it. Aside from Bernard, Ana Luciia, Eko, Libby were living with the front folks for a bit. Never did they tell the fronties the stories of the first few nights when tailies were taken n the night? Never did Ana Lucia and Eko tell Jack and his clique about the list they found? I don't buy it. They know people are missing (at least two of them kids) and they seemed completely prepared to leave the island without them without giving it a second thought.

Well, I recall we saw Cindy who was kidnapped by the Others, Jack saw her and remembered her, she seemed to be happy with the Others. For some reason I get the feeling that the people kidnapped (referred to as 'good people' by Goodwin) aren't still being held against their will.

I recall reading about those.

This weeks's screencaps.

OF course Ben was going to have the boy killed - he hates him - but the french woman being shot was a surprise to me.

I am having hard time believeing Mr. Widmore would not know who Kevin was - as I would think he would have checked everyone's background before hiring them.

Also - that was the second Cass Elliot song to be used in the show - unless I have missed some others somewhere.

I have the Locke one. I'm planning to buy Desmond and Sayid off of series 3, but apparently due to poor sales they are considering scrapping the series altogether, which would be a shame because McFarlane does great work and these are fabulous figures. Very detailed paint jobs, as you can see from the images on your link.

from the ABC official Lost podcast, a clarification of what things that appear on the island have been the smoke monster and what have been other things (summary from DarkUFO):

They explain the appearance of certain paranormal events and what they are....

Ben's mother=apparition

Sawyer's Boar=animal

Spider=monster

Hurley bird=no comment

Dave=apparation/imagination

Yemi=Monster

Kate's horse=undead

Mikail' Cat Nadia=animal

Walt=some have been apparition, some have been monster

Boone in Locke's dream=dream

Notice that Jack's father and Vincent are missing from the list. Vincent's probably the monster's chosen shape to move undetected among the islanders, and if you've seen the very last webisode released before this season began (entitled "So It Begins" and fitting before the opening shot of the series pilot,) it seems that Jack's father is sometimes the monster and sometimes a manifestation of the island's spirit/will/Jacob-power that provides instructions to the smoke monster.

This is from a TV Guide spread on Lost, also summarized on DarkUFO. Details within came from the show's producers about what to expect from the rest of season 4:

1) We will learn "exactly" what happened to Michael between leaving the island and him getting to NYC.

2) Michael is a "pivotal" part of the end of the season and he will have an "impact" on many of the characters, including Sayid.

3) We will see how the Oceanic 6 "escaped the island" and what happens to those that don't leave.

4) The Team Locke v Team Jack debate about who is right will "amplify"

5) We will learn who is in the coffin

6) More about the freighter people

7) We will also find out who "seemingly killed" Karl and Rousseau

Since when can the smoke monster change shapes? I always figured that since the island cured Locke's paralysis and Rose's cancer that it brought Jack's father back, hence him being alive in last seasons flash forward.

Here's the truth about the smoke monster:

(watch out for the profanity!)

After bailing out after 8 episodes of season 3, and given the recent drivel on tv, I did 'a Jack' and I had to go baaaaack to the island. And I'm glad I did. It certainly started to get a lot better and, as ever, the Desmond episodes turned out to be the best, closely followed by Sayid's. Bit of a shame that the weakest episodes so far in Season 4 for have centred on two women (Kate and Juliet) but I'm looking forward to the super-concentrated five episode finale now.

I am having hard time believeing Mr. Widmore would not know who Kevin was - as I would think he would have checked everyone's background before hiring them.

I watched episode 8 last night and this too struck me. In fact I wouldn't even limit it to Mr. Widmore (or Jim Robinson as he will be forever known to UK and Australian viewers), why wouldn't the five of the crew going to the island (Naomi, Lawnmower Man, Farraday, Miles and Charlotte) already be briefed on Michael/Kevin? They've been briefed on Kate's background, as she made Miles 'fess up what he knew about her criminal past. So why wouldn't have the knowledge on ALL Oceanic passengers - they wouldn't know who has been killed, escaped, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

So the last episode we saw was on day 99. Who wants to bet they get off the island on day 108??

I've been rewatching Lost from the beginning since the break. This has only increased my desire for a Rousseau flashback episode. :angry

So the last episode we saw was on day 99. Who wants to bet they get off the island on day 108??

I've been rewatching Lost from the beginning since the break. This has only increased my desire for a Rousseau flashback episode. :angry

I've watched all 3 seasons twice so far this year. Still learning...

I wish I had season four tivod or something, as I hate watching them on the computer.