• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew Christian Shepard would be in the cabin!!! I wonder why Claire looked so happy? I liked Locke's flash backs. I think that maybe Richard Alpert does age but we always see him that age due to the island having some time traveling properties. How do they move the island?! That must be why Widmore can't find the island, cause it's been moved. Oh man! I can't wait for next week.

SO! When Desmond and Sayid went to the freighter they got their and it was a few days ahead of time. When Daniel got the rocket fired from the freighter to the island it was 30 minutes late. The doctor washed on shore a few days in the past. Am I forgetting anything?

This weeks screen caps. (I'm taking Analogman's job, you guys can call me Digitalboy)

i dont get the deal with locke's knife near the beginning when he's talking to alpert. is the point that everything in his life is predetermined, so he just can sense that at one point he'll own all those things? or that it has already happened and this is about the time traveling properties of the island?

I knew Christian Shepard would be in the cabin!!! I wonder why Claire looked so happy? I liked Locke's flash backs. I think that maybe Richard Alpert does age but we always see him that age due to the island having some time traveling properties. How do they move the island?! That must be why Widmore can't find the island, cause it's been moved. Oh man! I can't wait for next week.

SO! When Desmond and Sayid went to the freighter they got their and it was a few days ahead of time. When Daniel got the rocket fired from the freighter to the island it was 30 minutes late. The doctor washed on shore a few days in the past. Am I forgetting anything?

This weeks screen caps. (I'm taking Analogman's job, you guys can call me Digitalboy)

Matthew Abaddon - man, that dude is scary.

Geronimo Jackson

i dont get the deal with locke's knife near the beginning when he's talking to alpert. is the point that everything in his life is predetermined, so he just can sense that at one point he'll own all those things? or that it has already happened and this is about the time traveling properties of the island?

Locke kinda became super hunter when he first go to the island. Seems like he never found his way i real life and ended up in a wheelchair. No age man, prolly wanted Locke to pick book of laws or something more heady to lead possibly, but Locke's instinct was the knife, as we would see later on the he is now knife expert. But from his flashback last night, he seem to have those hunter ambitions in the real world, but constantly fell into bad luck, now on the island, he's a tracker and hunter what he alwasy wanted to be, and maybe something else he doesn't realize yet, or whatever the others or whoever are waiting for him to discover to be the one? who knows

Who was driving the car that hit Emily?

Who is Locke's father?

Richard Alpert - maybe he is one of the above.

I would be very suprised if Richard Alpert was Locke's father. I am still betting that Locke's father was the original James Sawyer. How else would the kidney transplant thread make sense? The original con man knew that Locke was a perfect match because of their biological connection.

There was some speculation elsewhere last night that Locke's mom and Ben's mom were the same person cause they're both named "Emily".

SPOILER! A prominent character is apparently going to die in the finale. It has been said that Jin, Sawyer, and Ben are alive on the island. Desmond, rumor has it, almost escapes with the Oceanic 6. I'm starting to think he's going to bite the bullet :(

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - ABC has found more hours for the final two seasons of "Lost." The 2009 and 2010 editions of the hit drama will be 17 hours each -- not 16, as previously planned.

ABC has added two hours to the show's production plan because the Writers Guild of America strike knocked three hours out of the current season. To partly compensate, the network recently added an additional hour to Part 2 of the season finale that airs May 29.

All told, the changes will wrap up the show with the same number of episodes that producers and ABC negotiated last year.

"We were supposed to do 16-16-16," "Lost" co-creator Damon Lindelof said. "But we ended up doing 14 this season, so we owe two."

Lindelof, however, ruled out the idea that the show might extend beyond the remaining 34-episode order.

"(Executive producer) Carlton Cuse and I worked so hard to get the show to end that I think to suddenly say, 'Oh, I think we've got another season in us' would be a betrayal to everybody involved in the show -- but most of all the audience," he said. "It's better to retire your number at the top of your game."

For the upcoming season finale, Lindelof promised a more action-driven cliffhanger instead of the mind-bending flash-forward time shift that stunned fans last season.

"The finale this year will not be as tricky as last year," he said. "Hopefully, this year it's a little bit more of a straightforward action-adventure narrative. But the ending of the episode will hopefully engage and intrigue people looking forward to the next season of the show."

Lindelof declined to say whether the flash-forwards will continue, but he did leave open the possibility of the show's main story line on the island catching up with the flash-forwards that have taken place on the mainland this season.

"It's very exciting that the audience is going to be wondering when is the present going to be (next season)," he said. "We've moved backward in time, now we've moved forward in time. The present of the show has always been on the island -- that may not necessarily be the case in the future."

When it comes time to air the series finale in 2010, Lindelof said he and Cuse plan to "go into hiding for many, many months" at an "undisclosed location."

"David Chase set a great example when he went off to Paris after 'The Sopranos' ending, which is great because all these people are going to be asking, 'What does it mean? What is it?'" he said. "The fact that there's no one really around to answer that question, it forces people to come up with what they think it means. We can guarantee our show will not end with a cut to black, it will be more clear than that. But whenever anything you love ends ... there's a certain disappointment."

I thought this was clearly a test similar to how the reincarnated Dalai Lama is found. From Wikipedia:

The title "Dalai Lama" is presently granted to each of the spiritual leader's successive incarnations (for example, the 14th Dalai Lama's next incarnation will hold the title "the 15th Dalai Lama").

In the Himalayan tradition, phowa (Tibetan) is the discipline that transfers the mindstream to the intended body.

Upon the death of the Dalai Lama and consultation with the Nechung Oracle, a search for the Lama's reincarnation, or yangsi (yang srid), is conducted. Fa
miliarity with the possessions or attributes of the previous Dalai Lama is considered the main sign of the tulku.
The search for the reincarnated mindstream typically requires a number of years. The reincarnated being is then installed and trained by the other Lamas.

I think Locke knew what he was supposed to take, but wanted the knife. I'm not sure if Alpert's reaction was because he was disappointed that Locke was not who he was looking for or because he knew Locke didn't cooperate and choose the item he knew had belonged to him.

Just caught up with last week's episode last night. I'm left feeling that all the main protagonists in the show are bonded through some serious Daddy issues. I couldn't help but think they've all had to deal with, or even commit, the death/absence of a father figure. Jack, Ben, Locke, Hurley, Kate, Claire, Sawyer - they're all bonded by this.

Also, I thought that Desmond wouldn't be lasting too much longer. The glimmer of hope he clung onto in saying he wanted to get off the island is the surest sign of his impending doom. Nobody who ever gets off the island has an easy time, and I was left thinking he was the next to fall. If it happens it'll be a shame, his episodes are always some of the strongest. Hope I'm wrong.

Has anyone here discussed how Ben and Locke's mother(s) have the same name, so perhaps they're half-brothers? The show is so careful about not doubling up on things unless they're significant (like having two con men characters,) so to use the name Emily twice is probably a signal that it's the same person.

Locke spends so much time in the early seasons talking about good/evil, black/white (remember his backgammon talk with Walt,) and other dichotomies. Perhaps he and Ben exist as each others' yin and yang, in the Lost universe's perception of the idea.

edit: just saw this:

There was some speculation elsewhere last night that Locke's mom and Ben's mom were the same person cause they're both named "Emily".

:yay

Has anyone here discussed how Ben and Locke's mother(s) have the same name, so perhaps they're half-brothers? The show is so careful about not doubling up on things unless they're significant (like having two con men characters,) so to use the name Emily twice is probably a signal that it's the same person.

Here's what i think (adding to what I posted above with regard to finding the Dalai Lama):

Alpert was searching for the reincarnation of SOMEONE (Jacob?) or at least a "chosen one" and was using the tulku method. I'm sure we will find out he had some limited information (mother's name, born premature, perhaps American - are Ben and Locke the same age?). When Locke (for whatever reason) blew the test and chose the knife), Alpert moved on and mistakenly thought Ben was the one he was looking for. Eventually the island brought Locke (the real chosen one) to the island.

BTW kimcatch22, I was at the Cubs' 10Kth win! It was a great game!

For some time now I have wondered if Richard is not a descendant of those who were shipwrecked from the Black Rock. Actually, I think Richard may have been on the Black Rock, and some property of the Island that has yet to be revealed to us has kept him from aging further. The DHARMA Initiative was certainly interested in life extension experiments, and I may be way off base here, but I think that this is somehow related to Alpert

The same person who posted the spoilers for last season did it again this year. I read a bit and then I had to force myself to stop.

The same person who posted the spoilers for last season did it again this year. I read a bit and then I had to force myself to stop.

Do I dare ask where I can find this....maybe not.....maybe yes....

No thoughts posted about tonights episode? You guys are slacking!!

I think I saw it on that same screen shot site Analogman always posts.

I noticed that The Others were dressed in their rag costumes again.

This weeks screenshots.

I caught that too, and wondered if it serves a plot purpose (they've been hiding out at the Temple all season, who knows what that entails,) or if it was an artistic nod to the scene from season 2's "The Hunting Party" where Tom warns Jack not to cross the line and then calls for the Others to light up the torches, showing Jack just how surrounded he is.