• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What?!?!!?!??! That episode was great. Probably my second favorite, behind the Desmond one. Michael's return, Jin's death, Sun's baby being born...!!! Much better then last week, at least it moved the overall plot forward.

I don't know when these aired, I've never seen them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWmmYa2CbeI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2ZVwzpoGKU

Edit: Wait, wait, we all assumed that Jin and Sun both got off the island, but since Jin obviously doesn't get off that means there's one other Oceanic 6.

Man that episode was a snooze. They're getting really bad about spoiling their own shocker moments. Not just in this episode, but in most of this season. The cell phone tip-off about the flash's place in time, again? And in last week's preview you could see the man was Michael, so even if you somehow failed to pick up on all the other clues, that was a pretty big giveaway.

The only thing that made me go "wha???" was why Jin's tombstone says he died on 9/22/2004 (the day of the plane crash,) although somewhere down the line I guess we'll see it has something to do with the crash cover-up and fake wreckage and what have you. He probably dies trying to get Sun off the island and that death date is an easier explanation to the people back in Korea.

I'm cranky again. Oh, but also, I enjoyed seeing Bernard. He and Rose are really sweet characters. My favorite couple after Desmond and Penny.

Man that episode was a snooze. They're getting really bad about spoiling their own shocker moments. Not just in this episode, but in most of this season. The cell phone tip-off about the flash's place in time, again? And in last week's preview you could see the man was Michael, so even if you somehow failed to pick up on all the other clues, that was a pretty big giveaway.

The only thing that made me go "wha???" was why Jin's tombstone says he died on 9/22/2004 (the day of the plane crash,) although somewhere down the line I guess we'll see it has something to do with the crash cover-up and fake wreckage and what have you. He probably dies trying to get Sun off the island and that death date is an easier explanation to the people back in Korea.

I'm cranky again. Oh, but also, I enjoyed seeing Bernard. He and Rose are really sweet characters. My favorite couple after Desmond and Penny.

Or, perhaps Sun is mourning the fictional corpse of Jin

We already knew it would be Michael, the acting was terrible, we already knew Jin would die (because of the DUI), and using tricks like flash-forward and flash-back in the same episode is a very annoying writing crutch - the creators of Lost mentioned in an interview that they did not intend to use both in a single episode, but I guess that was bs. I think I'll wait to watch the rest of the season when it comes out on DVD.

i don't understand why hurley said, "awesome!" when sun told him no one else was coming. that was kind of a weird, creepy moment.

next week's episode has to be good, right?

I figured because this is shortly after they've returned home, the world-wide hype and fame of the Oceanic 6 is probably really high at that point, and Hurley was glad that it would just be a small private escape from all of that. Like "awesome, we don't have to be the Oceanic Six right now, we can just be two people." Since that's how he reacted to the fame of being a lotto winner, ya know.

I figured because this is shortly after they've returned home, the world-wide hype and fame of the Oceanic 6 is probably really high at the point, and Hurley was glad that it would just be a small private escape from all of that. Like "awesome, we don't have to be the Oceanic Six right now, we can just be two people." Since that's how he reacted to the fame of being a lotto winner, ya know.

good call.

The only thing that made me go "wha???" was why Jin's tombstone says he died on 9/22/2004 (the day of the plane crash,) although somewhere down the line I guess we'll see it has something to do with the crash cover-up and fake wreckage and what have you.

Yeah, the tombstone was created by Jin's family, probably before Sun even returned. As we know from Jack's testimony, the world believes that only 8 people survived that crash, and Jin probably wasn't one of those, either because he stayed or actually died.

It's creepy that when I saw the word "pop" in your quote my first reaction was "Oh no, PopTodd's finally invaded the Lost thread."

Yeah, the tombstone was created by Jin's family, probably before Sun even returned. As we know from Jack's testimony, the world believes that only 8 people survived that crash, and Jin probably wasn't one of those, either because he stayed or actually died.

One question about how the tombstone was set up: was that a husband/wife tombstone where Sun will eventually be buried and the date on the far left side of the tombstone (something 1980) is Sun's birthday?

from DarkUFO, what's left after this week's episode and the short break:

Episode 4.09 : 24th April

Episode 4.10 : 1st May

Episode 4.11 : 8th May

Episode 4.12 : 15th May - Finale Part 1

Episode 4.13 : 22nd May - Finale Part 2

I got to see this very late Thursday after a long drive, and I have to say that my reaction to the writing, acting, direction and editing was "turd."

Sun did not even seem like the same character to me. All the brilliance that I've come to expect (having watched 3.5 seasons in less than a month to catch up to all you people) is just not shining through on some of these episodes.

maybe it's because I'm finally having to watch them on network t.v. with commercials and waits in between. I don't know--it just didn't seem like the same show, in the same way West Wing went down the toilet the day its creator jumped ship. I'm holding out hope...

I got to see this very late Thursday after a long drive, and I have to say that my reaction to the writing, acting, direction and editing was "turd."

Sun did not even seem like the same character to me. All the brilliance that I've come to expect (having watched 3.5 seasons in less than a month to catch up to all you people) is just not shining through on some of these episodes.

maybe it's because I'm finally having to watch them on network t.v. with commercials and waits in between. I don't know--it just didn't seem like the same show, in the same way West Wing went down the toilet the day its creator jumped ship. I'm holding out hope...

Here's what I said about Lost midway through last season: it's like waiting for a bus that doesn't come. You could just start walking, but you've already invested so much time waiting. You might as well just keep waiting, because as soon as you leave the bus will show up.

This analogy might work better if you've dealt with the CTA.

I do feel the same as you about Sun, and a number of other characters. Locke is so out there, and I can't see where this is going. He's become a caricature of himself, which sucks because he used to be one of my favorites. Sawyer was right to call him Colonel Kurtz. Maybe his story is hanging because so much focus has been on the beach and freighter, and this week we'll get back to him and it'll all make sense with how this latest reincarnation fits into his search for meaning. Then again...

Desmond, however, continues to get better. He's been my favorite since he was introduced, and "The Constant" is my new favorite episode of the series. I love him and his story.

c'mon, you guys got nothin?

im trying to decide whether or not penny is working with her father. i have a feeling she's on a separate "mission" than him and will end up saving everyone from him in the end. im not sure how to feel about sayid's move. while he is probably the most sane one when it comes to ben's games and lies, and he is right to realize that anything ben is planning/doing to control michael is not good, the way he handled it seemed foolish to me. i dont know whats going to happen with that

im still processing the episode, dont know what else to add at the moment. cant believe we've got 3 weeks to wait now..blech

I can't believe they killed Danielle!!! I really wanted to see a flash back episode for her.

You shouldn't assume anyone's dead on this show without proof, and we didn't see a wound like on Karl (although other characters' wounds haven't meant death, either.... Locke, Mikhail...) Weren't they only teasing about a death this week?

Also, Danielle was rumored to get a flashback this season but due to the strike the season got condensed from 16 episodes to 13, so if she was going to get one hers was probably scrapped in favor of focusing on the main characters.

One thing we were talking about is where are the kids? I know they are supposedly at the temple, but why weren't there some people that when they are thinking they are about to be rescued don't say "what about the kids"? Presumably some of the background Losties are the kids' parents, right? Wouldn't they be freaking out about leaving the island without their children?

You mean the little boy and girl?? I'm pretty sure their parents weren't on the plane.

Well not only them. There were, what, 250+ people on the plane? How many survivors? The kids were on Ben's list and were taken in the first couple of days. Were there no parents? Does it seem in keeping with Jack's character, for example, to just abandon them? It's like the Losties totally forgot about them.