• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Widmore Ben's constant?

great point :thumbup

i like the way lost has turned. Im thinking lost will turn to this battle between the ben side and widmore side, Im assuming widmore (or whitmore??? i always forget) is part of the dharma, and its some sort of freemason style top secret group that holds all the worlds secrets and such, and they want the island but ben's side won't let that happen, and caught up in the middle of it all are the survivors. Im done with trying to understand the island basically ive come to terms with it being a crazy place that the 2 sides want controll of

I liked it... (I went to my sisters and watched it on satellite three hours early) not as good as last episode though. I think these types of episodes are important though, I just wish they'd have Jack and Christen finally meet, after all that build up.

Jack said something interesting though... "you're not even related to him!!!", he must know that Aaron is his nephew. The conversations in seemingly unimportant scenes like when Bernard and Rose were talking about the island are probably important clues to the mythology of the island.

Anyone else see a possible parallel between Jack, Claire, and Christen and in Star Wars with Luke, Leia, and Darth Vader? Think about it... It's just there seems to be a lot of Star Wars references in Lost (like in todays episode with Jack stepping on the toy Millennium Falcon), it'd make sense.

Hmm the preview shows Roger Linus' friend, Horace, telling Locke he's been dead for 12 years... hmmmm hmmmm hmmmmm

Jack said something interesting though... "you're not even related to him!!!", he must know that Aaron is his nephew. The conversations in seemingly unimportant scenes like when Bernard and Rose were talking about the island are probably important clues to the mythology of the island.

I thought the same thing about Jack's comment.

Bernard and Rose are some of my favorites. So sweet and sassy. Rose to Charlotte: "Watch your tone, Red." :lol

Anyone else see a possible parallel between Jack, Claire, and Christen and in Star Wars with Luke, Leia, and Darth Vader? Think about it... It's just there seems to be a lot of Star Wars references in Lost (like in todays episode with Jack stepping on the toy Millennium Falcon), it'd make sense.

It's no secret that the producers have a fondness for Star Wars -- they've talked about it in interviews and podcasts several times. Last night's toy-stepping was cute. One of the few things about the episode that made me smile (I loathe Jack-centric episodes.)

Lostpedia's Star Wars page

Also curious, does anyone know if every Jack-centric episode has begun with a close-up of an eye?

interesting theory floating around about claire possibly being a ghost--maybe she died in the episode last week, when the house exploded? it would explain miles' sudden interest in her, her disappearing, being able to see christian, etc.

also, in the last episode when the boaties were attacking, she said something like "i'll live" after the explosion, and miles said "i wouldn't be so sure about that."

i dunno, it's a reeeeeeeeal stretch and would require a lot of explanation, but i just read the theory on another site and it piqued my interest. one thing's for sure, i do feel we're going to be getting some answers about the nature of charlie, christian, and jacob before the end of this season.

That is what I think also -

On the timing of Jack's flash-forward The headline of Jack's newspaper read, ''Yankees bludgeon Red Sox in series sweep.'' The Yankees swept a series with the Red Sox late in the 2006 season (a historic five-game wipeout) and the 2007 season (a traditional three-game set). If you pause the picture (on a high-def DVR), you can make out the score 5-0, which is how the 2007 series ended. So I'm going to call it: Jack's flash-forward took place in late summer of 2007.

On Claire If you were baffled by Claire's statement ''at least I'm not seeing things anymore,'' I'll repeat the intel I reported last week: Apparently, there was a scene in ''The Shape of Things to Come'' in which Claire had a hallucination after the freighter mercs blew up her New Otherton cabin, but it was cut for time. My hunch is that her hallucination foreshadowed the moment last night in which she saw Ghost Dad (now Ghost Grandpa) cradling Aaron by the campfire. ''Dad?'' she exclaimed

That theory makes sense. Maybe, if it's true, we'll see the survivors find out about this and that's why Hurley thinks they're all dead but don't realize it.

so that means jack's been dead since the beginning? hmm. what about hurley, have we seen anything that leads us to believe he "died" at some point on the island? he saw jacob's cabin after charlie's death (which had christian sheppard in the rocking chair) but i dont think anything life threatening had actually happened to hurley before that...he first sees charlie after his car crash that ends his high speed chase, but this is not on the island..

i dont know, i see that theory working, but some loose ends need to be tied up i think..has locke been dead the whole time too? is he only dead after ben shoots him? can people not get sick on the island because they're already dead? ack.

this show drives me crazy

Hurley thinks the Oceanic 6 are dead and they never got off the island, I don't think we've gotten to the part that would make Hurley think they died... if there was one. Claire, on the other hand, could be a ghost.

Richard Alpert and The Hostiles by Boss DJ

Posted by DarkUFO at 8:24 PM (Comments: 0)

Labels: Ben, Claire, Dharma, Horace, Richard Alpert, The Others, The Purge, Widmore

No, it's not the latest band on the Top 40, but Richard Alpert and The Hostiles are what I believe is the reason why Christian Shepard walks among us. Why? Because The Hostiles are those who have died on the island, and now work to protect it.

It came to me in the preview for next week's episode, "Cabin Fever". We see Horace Goodspeed, en ex-DHARMA dude who first greeted Ben and Roger Linus upon their own arrival to the island. In the preview, Horace comically states to Locke "Not making sense am I? Maybe it's because I've been dead for 12 years". Notice how he didn't look any older than he did 12 years ago during "The Purge"? Who else hasn't aged a day since Ben was a kid?? Richard Alpert. Could it be because Richard is dead as well? He was identified as one of The Hostiles in Ben's flackback, and my theory is that DHARMA called them The Hostiles because they were working to control the island, while The Hostiles were working for the island and looking to liberate it. Those who die and make physical contact with the island become part of The Hostiles...workers for the island.

Claire is dead. What?? Yes, she is dead. I don't buy for a minute that the writers are cheesy enough to have Claire's house blow to pieces and she miraculously survives. Come on now. She died in that explosion, but she still walks among us because the dead are never really dead on this island, they simply become one of The Hostiles. Christian Shepard (ie Dad) comes to her in her sleep to tell her about her new job, and I think we'll find out before the end of this season that it's the reason why she can't leave and take care of Aaron...she has work to do.

Still not sure who The Others are, but we know at least some of The Hostiles joined (maybe even formed) The Others. Will we find out that Jacob is the leader of The Hostiles, and is a "dead spirit" who is in and out of phase due to the circle of ash surrounding his cabin? Perhaps Ben is also dead, which is actually why he states he can't kill Widmore...he can only get Others to do his bidding, since he's a spirit himself. Never seen him physically kill anyone have we? He just threatens and has his cronies do his dirty work.

I think the answers to these questions will become clear, and my theory will be proven, all by the end of this season. Either way, we're all in for a wild ride.

this makes me dizzy

I thought one of desmond's "visions" was seeing charlie drown and claire getting on a helicopter (not that that necessarily means anything...)

at least it seems (now that we're past the sappy jack/kate episode) that we may get some real punch in the next few episodes.

umm we just saw ben kill someone, in the desert, at the start of episode 9. so that puts a bit of a hole in that theory.

i dunno, this show just keeps getting stranger and stranger. these theories always sound kinda lame on paper (or in hypertext, rather) but seem to work well on-screen. we'll see what happens over the next few episodes, there's a lot to tie up in 4 hrs

Also, there is an interview with Mira Furlan's husband from a Croatian magazine which states that Mira Furlan asked to be written out of the show because she didn't like constantly being in Hawaii. Her husband also states that she might be back for the next season.

"Why did your wife stopped shooting ''Lost?''?

She got bored of Hawaii. She got ''island fever'' - that's how cast of Lost calls it in joke. Simply, she didn't want to be on that island, she didn't want to work that job, so she made a deal with the producers to kill her character off.

How did they kill her off?

Shot her. But, her character is pretty popular with fans of the series, so they leaved possibility for comeback next season.