God, Kenny Williams and the Sox have no clue what they're doing.

Way to take your farm system from 29th-ranked to dead last for a player that still won't enable you to compete with the Tigers and Indians (and probably not the Twins). What a bad, baffling move.

Swisher should be good for a while though. I don't know enough about the prospects they traded to know if it was a good deal for the Sox or not, but it's not as though Swisher is so old enough to be seen as a "win now" type of trade. He's only 27, so he'll be good quite a while longer than pretty much all of the Tigers starters other than Granderson, Cabrera, and a couple of the starting pitchers. They definately won't compete this year, but it's not as though picking up Swisher means they've totally mortgaged their future.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swisher is also under contract for five years---and pretty cheap.

White Sox have a barren farm system at this point, but they do have some good, young(ish) MLB players like Swisher and Fields. Hopefully Quentin bounces back from inury and puts up numbers that equall surpass his rookie year--then he'd be in that group as well.

Ryan Sweeney is, I think, never going to be more than a bench player. Most Sox fans thought Gio and DLS would be stud starting pitchers, but a supposed scout in the White Sox system posted a couple weeks ago that DLS (though he is really good) probably will end up as a closer because his motion is so violent.

I should point out, I'm not actually in the picture. It's just Zito and the kids, I took it. And it was on my mom's camera (actual film :monkey , not digital), so I'll have to scan it. It'll be so worth it, though!!!

I drove by that place (apparently - I was on 95) this week. Good thing I don't eat hot dogs, or I'd feel like I missed out on something.

I swear to god we need to drive by the same place at the same time and use our gats (or something).

They also have a Subway, in addition to the No. 7 line. I heard someone ask for pinot grigio the last time I was there. They did not have that.

And if Omar Minaya is lurking, yes, I would trade Reyes for Johan Santana.

There are rumblings about Konerko to the Angels for Howie Kendrick and Ervin Santana. Or Konerko + Crede for some combination of the aforementioned + Adenhart and Sean Rodriguez.

They reported that Chone Figgins may be part of something as well.

If the Sox are going to involve Konerko in a trade, they have about 4 months to get it done, or else he'll become a 10 & 5 guy.

And he will say absolutely nothing of value.

Oh I dunno:

"If he's doing that to me, I should have a third ear coming out of my forehead. I should be pulling tractors with my teeth," Clemens said, wearing a lavender button-down shirt during the interview, taped at his home in Katy, Texas.

"I was eating Vioxx like it was Skittles," Clemens said.

"The higher you get up on the flagpole, the more your butt shows. I understand all that," he said.