87 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• New England Patriots
    • New York Giants

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it was original I guess, bemoaning Boston and New York’s dominance over the sports world.

I’ve never read or heard that angle expressed before…how orignial :rolleyes

I guess I might understand if my state’s claim to fame was trying to build the largest prison ever….

I agree that the angle is tired: Wah, wah NY and BOS have money to spend on their sports franchises and they're too good and the fans suck wah wah wah. The fans from the two areas are mostly pretty obnoxious. No news there.

But come on, Doyel was born in Hawaii, raised in Mississippi, and spent his teen years + in Georgia. Not exactly sports meccas (though the Braves were dominant for over a decade not long ago). Lump him in with all the other whiners.

It was still a decent piece, though. Plus, he cops to a few of the contributions of both cities in the end.

I agree with the part in bold.

Everyone knows that the losing team in the superbowl has a huge let down the next season. Warner (Rams), McNabb (Eagles) and Grossman (Bears) to name a few. If the 19-0's were not playing by the same rules then Kurt has a legitimate argument. Since Goodell was not able to get the bottom of all this and the Patriots didn't come clean it's time to get Congress involved. Put tax rebates and economic conditions on hold.

Let's face it though had the Patriots not won in 2001 against the Rams we wouldn't have this great quote from Robert Kraft.

"We are all Patriots and tonight the Patriots are world champions"

Very Rudy Julianiesque

BillDick.jpg