87 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• New England Patriots
    • New York Giants

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That might have been the greatest Super Bowl in the history of Super Bowls.

We may not agree on the ranking of Wilco albums, but yes - that was fantastic! :cheers

Plus, I was really hoping to never have to hear about the '72 Dolphins ever again.

That's the only downside. This Patriots team was much better than that Dolphins team by most accounts. The Giants win wasn't a fluke, though. You'd have to conclude that they're rather evenly matched based on the two games they played against each other.

Here's to Art Monk and Darrell Green getting the Canton nod.

Fuckin A

Fuckin A

I can't believe Belichick didn't stick around for the kneel down. He is the epitome of class

He ran across the field to shake Coughlan's hand. Was he supposed to do it again?

Plus, I was really hoping to never have to hear about the '72 Dolphins ever again.

Seriously. If someone could put Mercury Morris on the next Space Station payload and send him out to Aldebaran, I wouldn't miss him.

Wow. Words kind of fail me at this moment. I'm really proud of the Giants and how they have quieted each and every naysayer by winning a championship under the most adverse conditions possible. The Manning-to-Tyree catch may eclipse the Immaculate Reception as the greatest play ever, and XLII was one of the top four or five best Super Bowls ever. Playing in New York is not for the faint of heart, but when you win a championship, the greatest city in the world is your oyster.

superbowl500.jpg

I do believe that was the single greatest super bowl I've ever seen. I know I'm prone to hyperbole and exageration, but god damn. Everything about this game was incredible. 18-0. That Giants defense playing one of the gutsiest games I've ever seen. They looked dead on that last drive, they gave their all. The MVP should've gone to their entire defensive line. Absolutely brilliant.

The Eli to Tyree was the most spectacular play I've seen, in a big game situation. The escape from the sack and the catch were both incredible.

I get goosebumps just thinking about that play. Seriously, given the circumstances, that has to be the greatest play in NFL history.

Fuck the Eli haters. I've been saying it for months. Fuck 'em. Every Giants fan is the biggest Eli fan now, even though they couldn't say enough bullshit about him this year. Fuck 'em.

motivator714292.jpg

Wow. Words kind of fail me at this moment. I'm really proud of the Giants and how they have quieted each and every naysayer by winning a championship under the most adverse conditions possible. The Manning-to-Tyree catch may eclipse the Immaculate Reception as the greatest play ever, and XLII was one of the top four or five best Super Bowls ever. Playing in New York is not for the faint of heart, but when you win a championship, the greatest city in the world is your oyster.

superbowl500.jpg

You probably shouldn't have mentioned that bit about the Immaculate Reception with Kris around here. :lol

I keed, but yes that was just an amazing football game man. Easily in the top 5, and of course the interruption of a perfect season has to put it as one of the more memorable ones as well.

Even though NE has been the '60's Packers to Indy's '60's Cowboys (for the most part) I hold no truck with the players on the Pats. That was as good a team as I've ever watched play. I don't have a great deal of respect for Belichick but that is just a personal observation - he's obviously one of the very best in the business regardless of how much I dislike the guy.

Glad to see that impartial watchers thought it was as great a game as a giddy G-Man fan like myself thought. I'm now watching the game for the 3rd time and am still in shock!

By the way, bobbob, most of the Giants fans I know have usually been supportive of Eli. Just because the local media harps on all the negative stuff doesn't mean that the masses believe it all. But anyone that says they weren't worried a bit after the Vikings fiasco is either crazy or lying.

Going to work tomorrow night at Patriots headquarters (aka the company that pays Emmitt Smith a small ransom to spout such gems as "sharp as a whistle") is going to be lovely!

What a game!!! I agree with the "Best Ever" comments. I really liked how the officials just let the teams play and didn't call penalties on every little thing.

I would also like to be the first to call that spectacular reception, "The Snatch"!!!. :lol

He ran across the field to shake Coughlan's hand. Was he supposed to do it again?

It just looked to me that they were trying to get him back to the sidelines and he wanted no part of it. I feel his pain though I don't know how many times I've wanted to hit the power button on the playstation when my friends kneel it on me to end the game. I just wonder if he was even on the field for that last play?

Props to New England though...had they not gone undefeated that game wouldn't had been the gem that it was. And that Kevin Faulk might be the second most valuable player on that team.

I find justice in the fact that the Reception came against Rodney.

It just looked to me that they were trying to get him back to the sidelines and he wanted no part of it. I feel his pain though I don't know how many times I've wanted to hit the power button on the playstation when my friends kneel it on me to end the game. I just wonder if he was even on the field for that last play?

Yeah. I think the announcers mentioned he was in the tunnel, but I was in a very loud place, so I'm not sure. He should have stayed out there for the end of the game. Maybe he was trying to teach Randy Moss something. :lol

Fuck the Eli haters. I've been saying it for months. Fuck 'em. Every Giants fan is the biggest Eli fan now, even though they couldn't say enough bullshit about him this year. Fuck 'em.

First of all GREAT game. Unbelievable. But Eli is still a Douche Bag. The Giants Defense was the obvious MVP of the superbowl and they should have recieved the MVP award as a unit. They shut down the best offense in the history of the NFL. That last sack with about 40 seconds left looked like a tidal wave surging over Brady and it totally shut down any hope to get into field goal range which would have sent the game into overtime. After the sack it was desparation heaves down the field to Moss (who was actually open somehow spiltting 3 defenders and getting behind the defense). So I still hate Eli Manning in all his glorious cake-faced douchebaggery. If not for the circus catch by David Tyree and the unbelievable play of the Giants defense, we would be saying how Eli blew it again.

I know I will feel the rath of Giants fans, but that is how I feel. All that said though, the Giant deserved this Super as much as anyone. Winning what, 10 in a row on the road now - and 4 straight away playoff games. That is impressive.

Whoa ... seriously? They gave Eli the MVP? That's a crock of shit.

I'd probably give it to Osi Umenyiora. That guy was in Brady's face all night long.

If it still went to an offensive player, it should've been Steve Smith, not Eli.

The stats on those guys probably don't look that impressive, but I think they were the main game-changers for the Giants.

Like most of this NFL season, I only watched bits and pieces of this. I don't think I have ever rooted for the Giants for anything before in my life--and I'm not even sure I was rooting for them last night either--but that was a quality win there. Great game by the D, though I really thought the Pats had sewn it up with that late TD.

I'm surprised NE lost, but not too surprised. They've definitely looked a little shakey at times through the playoff. The Giants D deserves all kinds of credit, but I really never expected the O to move the ball down the field to score in the last 2:00 like that.