Wilco made me sick

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had lost my voice the previous week, was just beginning to recover, then went to the Friday show and got bronchitis from standing in line and screaming my head off. Got meds on Monday and saw all 5 shows. Wouldn't have missed it for the world :)

Didn't sleep a wink Thursday night. Stayed up finishing projects I needed to turn in Friday morning, so I could leave for Chicago early to wait in line for 3 hours...

(knowing I wasn't going to be able to attend the next 4 shows, it became a matter of quality > quantity and was rewarded with a spot on the rail)

This plus the physical pain from missing the rest of the shows has taken a toll on my body. Runny nose, irregular sleep schedule, sore throat, etc. They say every cigarette you smoke takes 7 minutes off your life, but every Residency show you miss takes 77 minutes. Or something like that. :dead

I had lost my voice the previous week, was just beginning to recover, then went to the Friday show and got bronchitis from standing in line and screaming my head off. Got meds on Monday and saw all 5 shows. Wouldn't have missed it for the world :)

Hey all you sick puppies - miss you and just thinking how I was hugging all of you! Get well soon, thanks again - so enjoyed freezing, dancing and singing with all of you. Laurie and Rick

Hey all you sick puppies - miss you and just thinking how I was hugging all of you! Get well soon, thanks again - so enjoyed freezing, dancing and singing with all of you. Laurie and Rick

:cheekkiss How are you guys decompressing?

I'm not sure if I asked if you have plans to see them nearer to you on the current tour....I personally can't get enough, but work.... *sigh*

I'm not sure if I asked if you have plans to see them nearer to you on the current tour....I personally can't get enough, but work.... *sigh*

I've got the Wil-cough, and my voice is shot all to pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I think it might be bronchitis, since I used to get that every year.

I'll be getting a good shot in the arm tomorrow night in Philly, but after that I'll be living vicariously through Isadorah.

cough cough,

Kevin

It's hard to come off the high from it all, isn't it? It was an escape from reality and the home-drum of regular routine -- going to grocery store, laundry, reporting to work, kid duties etc. But at least memory of it is still serving me well. Physical toll though hurts!

Music is my savior, and I was maimed by rock and roll...

I've got the Wil-cough, and my voice is shot all to pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I think it might be bronchitis, since I used to get that every year.

I'll be getting a good shot in the arm tomorrow night in Philly, but after that I'll be living vicariously through Isadorah.

cough cough,

Kevin

you should still come out for the party yo.

Well, I got viral pneumonia. Spent a day in the hospital on Thursday, blood tests up the ying yang to make sure I wasn't going to bring viral meningitis or some other crippling disease to a college campus. Now, I'm on some cough syrup with codine and horse pills. Oh, and I have a strained intercostal muscle that the doc says I probably injured during one of the Kingpins (I played him the song when I was explaining what I've been doing the last week).

Strangely, I really don't mind after seeing those shows and seeing all you lovely people. (I promise I'll introduce myself next time)

Hey hope YOU are recovering. I guess we are all recovering Wilcoholics. We are seeing them Sunday but then, there will be a long wilco-less stretch unless we win the lottery. Thanks for use of the trunk and freezing with us -

Keep in touch!!!

xo Laurie and Rick

I am also sick and I blame all of you :stunned I am decompressing by going on a Wilco-listening hiatus for a month or so. Diving my virgin ears into Arcade Fire should help.

I fear i have touched many of you, and something may be incubating.

Sooz and I are both pretty sick. I have all this gunk in my lungs. Still going to a show tonight though, what are you going to do?

(I second the Neti Pot, it's probably helped me not be AS sick.)

You were pointed out to me from a distance but I didn't get to meet you. I'll have to do that next time for sure since you're a kindred neti pot spirit.