Wilco made me sick

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the flu and away I flew!

Stop, strike that! Reverse it!

Had to drive home after 3 hours of sleep yesterday to beat the ice storm. Am sick as a dog right now. Haven't been sick in years. It was worth it, but ouch...

Next year, for waiting in line........

BIG TENTS!!!! :cheers

Well, I got viral pneumonia. Spent a day in the hospital on Thursday, blood tests up the ying yang to make sure I wasn't going to bring viral meningitis or some other crippling disease to a college campus. Now, I'm on some cough syrup with codine and horse pills. Oh, and I have a strained intercostal muscle that the doc says I probably injured during one of the Kingpins (I played him the song when I was explaining what I've been doing the last week).

Strangely, I really don't mind after seeing those shows and seeing all you lovely people. (I promise I'll introduce myself next time)

Yikes! (Also, I think I told at least some people who you were.)

I'm only mildly sick - slightly gravelly voice and a bit of a runny nose. I suppose I could still take a turn for the worse, but I consider myself lucky compared to most of my compatriots. Working most of the weekdays probably saved me. I owe some people big time.

as a side effect of my wilco illness...

i was getting out of my car in the walgreens parking lot, to put my codeine cough syrup script in, when i slipped on a giant ice patch. it looks like there is a blue ping pong ball growing out of my knee :(

465255d6-4fa5-410e-8ff2-c3b8b1ce1f72.hmedium.jpg

Yeah what's a matter with all of you wimps? I wasn't cold a single time. My toes never lost feeling or felt like they were going to fall off at all.

Does anybody remember how insane it was seeing -1 on the temp reading outside of the Aragon Ballroom from the EL platform that night? It was truly frightening out there. I don't know how we're all not deathly ill.

I was really sick the weekend before so I think some sort of newly-acquired immunity saved me.... except I do have a horribly achy throat that I'm either blaming on the 5 nights of cheering or Edie breathing her bronchitis all over the place (exact place of blame TBD if this doesn't go away in a few days.)

Yeah what's a matter with all of you wimps? I wasn't cold a single time. My toes never lost feeling or felt like they were going to fall off at all.

NEGATIVE 1 - Oh yeah, we remember that!

Does anybody remember how insane it was seeing -1 on the temp reading outside of the Aragon Ballroom from the EL platform that night? It was truly frightening out there. I don't know how we're all not deathly ill.

I apologize if any of you were sitting near me and my girl. I came down with it bad the Thursday before the first show and carried it with all 5 nights. I passed it on to my girlfriend (and any number of you) and she spent Sunday all day in bed. Both of us had 24 hour flu bug plus the cold, cough, sneeze thing. I went through a lil pack of kleenex just about every night. So not only will I remember these wonderful shows forever, I will remember what I had to deal with to make it all 5. Wimpy would have meant staying home. A group complaint makes everyone feel a little better.

Hey -- mine was a secondary infection and as such I don't think I was contagious (Sandoz?) since it wasn't specifically viral. Plus I started taking zpac on Monday.

I went to two hours of katate today. So take that :pirate

:lol

note to self....................always be nice to Edie. :lol

You just figured that out, huh?

They got me on TamiFlu AND Zpac.