• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

awesome!

i love that the bat building is in the poster

unrelated- i wonder if they still have the one from 2 years ago...prob not.

Wow, Wilcoworld got that poster up for sale quickly. I can't wait until mine arrives.

As for the Ryman poster from 2 years ago -- it was a limited edition, like the newest one. I think they may have run a batch of reprints at some point, but the Hatch Show is pretty in-demand and doesn't typically produce huge numbers of any one print.

Oh, and speaking of the Hatch Show, a friend of my wife's married a guy who had worked there at some point, and he was able to arrange for them to print their wedding invitations. I don't know if the bride was all that happy with the invites not being traditional (plus, they were not allowed to give any input on how they would look -- they were completely at the artist's mercy), but they were the coolest invitations I've ever seen.

I thought that was weird, too, in a very sweet, trusting way. The only time anyone looked at our tickets was when we got to our section.

We stopped by Hatch Show Prints on Broadway before leaving town today. I was talking to one of the employees, mentioned how much I loved last night's print, and I got to meet the artist. :) Very sweet kid; he couldn't have been more than 21, 22 years old. I was wishing I'd left the print in my purse so he could sign it next to Jeff's autograph.

Darkstar, I let my husband spend money at Gruhn's. He bought a beautiful leather guitar strap made in Franklin. Absolutely perfect souvenir!

Nice!!! If you get a chance PM me a pic of it I'd love to see it. So you "LET" him spend money eh?......was the strap some kind of compromise on a , let's say a vintage sunburst Fender or some other treasure? :shifty

On an unrelated note I spoke to a buddy of mine who is a (more than casual, but not exactly an obsessive) Wilco fan and read him the set list from last night. He was pretty stunned and expressed his wish for them to get out to LA quick. Still grinning goofily from last night. I think all who attended were given a very special treat.

The highlight of the show for me was definitely Pieholden Suite. Getting to meet Poppydawn and her husband was also a real treat. :wave Then there was the whole Tweedy experience. :love Some pics:

the Ryman:

IMG_0609.jpg

the Dude, me, Poppydawn (Robin), and Mr. Poppydawn (Brian):

IMG_0607.jpg

self-explanatory: :wub

IMG_0610.jpg

post-show, at Robert's:

IMG_0618.jpg

The highlight of the show for me was definitely Pieholden Suite. Getting to meet Poppydawn and her husband was also a real treat. :wave Then there was the whole Tweedy experience. :love Some pics:

self-explanatory: :wub

IMG_0610.jpg

The fella on the left looks nothing at all like Jeffrey Lebowski. :stunned

All kidding aside, it sounds like you had a wonderful time! :thumbup Of all the dates on the current tour this was the one I most wanted to see.

All kidding aside, it sounds like you had a wonderful time! :thumbup Of all the dates on the current tour this was the one I most wanted to see.

:lol

I wish you could have made it. Next time, for sure. :cheers

This is true... When i picked that screenname, I didn't plan on people expecting me to look like him in Real Life. :ohwell

But that's a good thing! Could you imagine going to a job interview or something and actually looking like The Dude? :lol

True:

"Are you employed, sir?"

"Employed?"

"You don't go out looking for a job dressed like that? On a weekday?"

"Is this a... what day is this?"

anyone have an actual link to the torrent? the site for the link posted earlier isn't accepting new accounts...

I have heard that if you just try and sign up at dime a dozen every so often, you will get on eventually.

I will get it up at bt.etree eventually - unless someone else wants to get r done.

I had to post, I rarely do. The Ryman show was thee best Wilco show I've ever been too, and I've been to some good ones (2nd row orch. @the Aud in '03, that sort of thing). One the best concerts I've been to ever. They are playing as a band so well and so full and intimately with each other, it thrills me to see it person. These guys are up there with any of the classics....and let me tell you, anybody who can hold an audience like Tweedy did for "Someone Else's Song" as seemingly effortless like he did in a place like the Ryman is a musician that will be known for a long, long time.

Nashville is a fantastic town. In one day, I got to see Hank Williams' steel guitar player (yes, original Driftin' Cowboy Don Helms) play at Roberts Western World, Wilco @ the Ryman and Rich Gilbert, ace guitar player from Frank Black's Catholics. Met him at Roberts to my wonderful surprise and saw him play at the Wheel that night after Wilco. Music City is right.

Would've loved to have popped into Robert's when BR5-49 was playing there regularly... that's a great place.

I used to love those guys, then I sorta forgot about them after "Smilin" Jay McDowell left.