Love it when the Mets have their traditional blue caps on. The all-black one is nice, but I have never warmed up to the black hat-blue brim model.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brewers!! :dancing

Tagging Santana for 3 HR was quite satisfying... and Ben Sheets looked dominant again, even though he didn't quite have his best stuff today.

yes the Brew Crew was great today. Happy to see Kapler get his third home run, so far a great story early on in MLB but of course you dont hear much about it

We hear A LOT about it. :) I'm a big Gabe fan anyway, but believe me, Red Sox Nation is telling the Gabe Kapler story.

So I had to work all day, then I had to attend a family party after that. Now I come home, turn on my computer, and turn on espn check if the sox won. Nice surprise, the game is still going on, looks like some hardcore rain delays ending up happening afterall haha

Report: Workers dig furiously to rid new Yanks stadium of Red Sox jersey

ESPN.com news services

Crisis, and curse, averted.

It took about five hours, but the Red Sox jersey that was embedded in the concrete of the Yankees' new stadium to place a curse on the New York franchise has been unearthed with jackhammers, according to a published report.

Earlier this week, a construction worker who is a Boston fan working on the concrete crew at the $1.3 billion new Yankee Stadium buried a Red Sox shirt in with the concrete foundation, in the hopes of jinxing the New York Yankees' new home, the New York Post reported.

The newspaper reported Sunday that two workers approached a construction manager with what they thought was the location of the jersey. After digging a two-foot by three-foot hole, the jersey was found.

"They absolutely pinpointed that if it was in the ground, that's where it was," Yankees spokeswoman Alice McGillion told the newspaper.

Initially the Yankees denied the jersey was ever buried in the footings of the new stadium. But clearly the Yankees brass is happier now with the possibility of a course gone.

"I hope his co-workers kick the [expletive] out of him," Yankees co-chairperson Hal Steinbrenner said.

The newspaper said the jersey felt like a filthy rag, but the word "Red" was clearly visible.

There are precedents for fans strategically burying trinkets for good luck. During the construction of the ice rink for the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, a worker laid a Canadian one-dollar coin (known as a "loonie") at center ice. Canada went on to win its first gold medal in men's ice hockey since 1952.

And Mickey Bradley, a co-author of "Haunted Baseball," told the New York Post that a worker was said to have buried an unknown good-luck charm in a water main trench of the current Yankee Stadium back in 1920.

"Prior to that, they never won a World Series," he told the newspaper.

The Yankees went on to win 26 world championships since.

Hank Steinbrenner is such a putz.

The Diamondbacks have a +40 run differential so far. Wow.

They were tired of all of the nerds in their mom's basement talking about their Pythagorean record last year.

I really am disappointed in this whole Tshirt/yankee stadium business because i think it was hatched by PR hacks who are trying to keep the money train of the Yankees v Red Sox epic battle for the soul of baseball alive. And i just don't think you need curses and crap, because there are enough stupid things going on in baseball to derail good teams, and maybe it is time for new rivalries.

Brewers!! :dancing

:dancing