• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite assurances otherwise, the Mets are kinda looking like the Meh-ts from last year. I'll be the first to say it - fire Willie Randolph!

only 6 games in, give willie a chance

who would replace him ? cookie Rojos

Willie should have been fired last year.

Larry Bowa is my suggestion. Someone who will put a little intensity into these dudes. I saw zip of that in the two losses to Atlanta, and even though I did not watch today's game, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that intensity was lacking as well. As tough as the NL East is going to be this year, the Meh-ts could well lose it in April.

Lol, in August of last year I'm pretty sure Willie was the consensus pick for MotY.

Well, something happened in September, didn't it? I'm sure Napoleon was the 1815 pick for General of the Year until Waterloo.

Well, something happened in September, didn't it? I'm sure Napoleon was the 1815 pick for General of the Year until Waterloo.

I'm just saying it's really funny how less than 2 months of ball can change things so drastically. He isn't the reaosn they are playing poorly, but he'll get the blame. That's baseball.

I'm just saying it's really funny how less than 2 months of ball can change things so drastically. He isn't the reaosn they are playing poorly, but he'll get the blame. That's baseball.

Not THE reason, but A reason, I submit. If a team of all-stars lacks enthusiasm, intensity and killer instinct, I think it is fair to lay that at the manager's feet. Willie might be a good skipper for a group with too much intensity, but obviously these dudes need someone who can piss them off a little bit, like a Spanish-speaking Patton. (Ozzie Guillen!)

Darrell Strawberry.

Speaking of Mookie Wilson, did you guys know that he's the uncle and the step-dad to Preston Wilson? You make the call....

What does he call Mookie...Uncle Daddy?

Oh, and Delgado sucks. He and Schoeneweis should be cut.

Firey intensity is nice, but there are about 27 other managers in the game right now that I'd want running my team over Ozzie Guillen.

How are the White Sox doing so far this season?

6 games in? Doesn't matter.

Sure it does. The AL Central will be as tight as the NL East. In divisions like that, one game can make a huge difference.

Sure it does. The AL Central will be as tight as the NL East. In divisions like that, one game can make a huge difference.

Ok. It doesn't mean 6 games tells you anything about the way a season is going to go.

I think Ozzie is getting better. I was really worried about some of the things he said in spring training, but he seems to be making better lineup choices and losing his fascination with the wispy fast guys who can't hit. The word "Moneyball" crossed AJ Pierzynski's lips the other day.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...1,2858616.story