Well, JD Drew is more animal than man, so....

But there were some gripes in the papers recently from players about the effect of the trip (that also included going from Japan back to OAK for pre-season games and then straight to TOR- 19 days on the road). I think it's a weak excuse but certainly may be a contributor to how shitty they played in TOR. Maybe even more mental than physical at this point.

Dustin Pedroia looked tired the last two days. And when he was thrown out at first today I thought he was going to charge the first base ump and try to push him over. Tomorrow is another day. I'm bummed that I am not going to be able to see all the pomp and circumcision of opening day at Fenway though, I don't think EI carries it.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm bummed that I am not going to be able to see all the pomp and circumcision of opening day at Fenway though, I don't think EI carries it.

Yeah, they'll show it. EI shows almost all the games of all teams (save for the blackouts on Saturday afternoons).

You can always go here to check the schedule:

http://www.indemand.com/sports/mlb/schedule/schedule.jsp

The man-love for Carlos Quentin amongst White Sox fans is growing fast. Good fielder, canon for an arm, great minor league numbers, patient at the plate, Jose Canseco corkscrew swing (hopefully no juice), and a lot of power. Ozzie is out of his mind if he even thinks about benching this guy in favor of Jerry Freaking Owens.

I'm encouraged that the White Sox have been able to put up thirteen runs with only one home run -- a solo shot leading off the game.

I hope this year's team can keep generating runs without relying on the long ball.

I think the Tigers will come back and be competitive at least. If their losing streak continues, though, they're going to make it hard on themselves. I mean, if they lose 10 in a row, it will be a pretty steep hill to climb--they'll have to go something like 95-57 (.625) from there on out to win the thing.

I'm impressed with how Baltimore's been looking.

I wonder if Leyland has begun smoking during games again, yet. He used to puff a few hits between innings in the walkway from the dugout when he was in Colorado.

SF SWEEP!

2outa3 @ Cubs

GO BREWERS!