• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to give Mets fans the benefit of the doubt and assume most of them aren't like the mouth breathers in SoFla.

I guess you've never been on the 7 train then, eh? :lol I kid. I somewhat enjoy the Mets, too.

And why not? My team got blown out by the Deviled Eggs. Its going to be one long-assed season.

They aren't the The Tampa Bay Devil Rays anymore. Just The Tampa Bay Rays. Note this as the turning point for the franchise.

Yeah, I saw that. So do they think it was the word "Devil" that was responsible for all their suckitude? The big guy upstairs was smiting them or something?

Well...only 122 days until the Rangers are officially eliminated.

Opening day loss and the owner and GM are talking about 2009-2010.

They aren't the The Tampa Bay Devil Rays anymore. Just The Tampa Bay Rays. Note this as the turning point for the franchise.

They're actually fining all players, coaches and staff $1 every time they say "Devil Rays" instead of "Rays".

What's the deal with ATL and WAS playing each other last night and then starting different series'?

I wondered that myself.

Quite a crazy game last night. I was cursing Tom Glavine for most of it.

Quite a crazy game last night. I was cursing Tom Glavine for most of it.

I watched a good chunk of that game and thought Glavine did pretty well. It was a cold night, the guy's old, and it was his first time back in an ATL uni. He ended up tossing a lot of pitches but did get some key 3rd strike pitches in there. He left with a lead, too. And drew the walk that culmintaed in ATL putting some runs on the board. Not a bad night.

I watched a good chunk of that game and thought Glavine did pretty well. It was a cold night, the guy's old, and it was his first time back in an ATL uni. He ended up tossing a lot of pitches but did get some key 3rd strike pitches in there. He left with a lead, too. And drew the walk that culmintaed in ATL putting some runs on the board. Not a bad night.

Eh, that's all well and good but it's a personal thing with me. I don't like him for some reason. maybe because he played for the Mets. I don't know, have never pinned down the exact reason.

Also, I'm a Smoltz girl.

Oh, so he could have been on Letterman and you'd have been cursing him. I thought you were talking about his pitching.

I sense good things for Smoltz this year (once he's re-activated, of course). I took him in as many leagues as I was able to.

As a Mets fan, I remember reading that story 4 or 5 times the week it came out, shaking my head and drooling in anticipation of what was to come. Of course, the April Fools aspect didn't even enter my mind. Just another great story by Plimpton.

Of course, we practically had our Sidd Finch in the form of young Dwight Gooden in that magical year of 1985. 24-4, 1.53 era. Magic.

As a Mets fan, I remember reading that story 4 or 5 times the week it came out, shaking my head and drooling in anticipation of what was to come. Of course, the April Fools aspect didn't even enter my mind. Just another great story by Plimpton.

Of course, we practically had our Sidd Finch in the form of young Dwight Gooden in that magical year of 1985. 24-4, 1.53 era. Magic.

Heh. Me too.

I read in Newsday that Doc is not doing so well. What a sad story. What wasted potential.

grabbed from another site:

Opening Day Payrolls

A-Rod makes several million dollars more than the entire Marlins team.

1. Yankees 209.1M

2. Detroit 138.7M

3. Mets 138.3M

4. Red Sox 133.4M

5. White Sox 121.2M

6. Angels 119.2M

7. Cubs 118.6M

8. Dodgers 118.5M

9. Mariners $118M

29. Rays 43.8M

30. Marlins 21.8M

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-s...p&type=lgns

grabbed from another site:

Opening Day Payrolls

A-Rod makes several million dollars more than the entire Marlins team.

1. Yankees 209.1M

2. Detroit 138.7M

3. Mets 138.3M

4. Red Sox 133.4M

5. White Sox 121.2M

6. Angels 119.2M

7. Cubs 118.6M

8. Dodgers 118.5M

9. Mariners $118M

29. Rays 43.8M

30. Marlins 21.8M

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-s...p&type=lgns

Where'd Detroit get all that money from?