• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red Sox optioned OF Brandon Moss to Triple-A Pawtucket

That's rough. The guy is leading the league in home runs ...

There's no room for him right now. He saw it coming too.

Man, the Giants are going to be terrible this year. Historically so.

They've got a pretty depleted farm system, shitty veterans, shitty youth, and a crummy GM in Sabean who, in line with ownership, won't spend the money they need to be competitive. They don't have a bright near-future for after this season, either.

That offense is going to be seriously one of the worst in the modern era. They were AWFUL with Bonds.

Seriously. I can see them as easily the team with the least amount of runs scored this year. Is Molina their clean-up hitter now? Yikes. Refusing to bring back Bonds will not only hurt them for offense but at the gate. With Feliz gone as well, HRs and overall runs scored drop significantly.

Worst team out of the NL.

That offense is going to be seriously one of the worst in the modern era. They were AWFUL with Bonds.

If san fran never built that stadium, I think we would be talking about where the giants would be relocating to, Im going to be very cuirous at how terrible their attendance will be without bonds

If san fran never built that stadium, I think we would be talking about where the giants would be relocating to, Im going to be very cuirous at how terrible their attendance will be without bonds

Well, I'm going to a game there this year, and tickets for that game were scarce.

Of course, it's a Friday night interleague game vs. Oakland... :unsure

The LF "wall" is a mere 201 ft. from home plate (with a 62-ft. high wall). Wow.

See, I love stuff like that because it improves the fans' ability to live vicariously through the players because I guarantee you every person in that stadium will be thinking "Dude, I could totally hit the ball out of this park!" :lol

Tomorrow's BOS v. LAD exhibition game at the L.A. Coliseum is expected to seat 115,000 (that's correct) fans. The LF "wall" is a mere 201 ft. from home plate (with a 60-ft. high wall). Wow.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...50.years.later/

Huh. I always wondered what happened to Charley Steiner. Now I know.

What's the over/under on the number of homers Manny Ramirez will hit?

Huh. I always wondered what happened to Charley Steiner. Now I know.

I believe Vin Scully calls only the first few innings of Dodgers games played on the west coast and Steiner the rest. Steiner also hosts a satellite baseball program.

I like Steiner's XM show. He has beat writers on, so you actually get some intelligent commentary.

Doug Davis was diagnosed with Thyroid cancer today. Damn, he's one of my favorite non-Marlins in all of baseball. Hope he recovers quickly.

Wow... yes, he's one of my favorite "unsung" players. Miss him around these parts.

So as a lifelong Giants fan now residing in Texas, I am seriously debating whether or not to purchase the MLB Extra Innings package this year. I noticed that if you order it within the next week, you save $40 off the regular season price (making it only $159). I just dont know if I can stomach this years team.

Lammycat was right on in his assessment of the team. Macgowan and Sabean did a piss poor job of preparing for the post Bonds area. The sad thing is, they actually have the financial wherewithall to put together a better team. The Giants are one of the most valuable franchises in professional sports. Ownership likes to make the excuse that their still having to make "mortgage payments on their privately financed ballpark", but that is complete bullshit. That's their self-pity excuse they use to defend their stance on not going after high dollar talent. The equity growth that they have made on that stadium, is greater than Bonds' ever increasing hat size. Macgowan is sitting on a huge cash cow. Despite the crappy lineup, the Giants have still managed to sell over 25,000 season tickets, meaning they are again on pace to draw $3 million+ fans.

But I agree that this team, despite having two of the better young arms in the game (Cain and Lincecum) may very well set an all time record for lack of run support. My hope is that once ownership notices that 95% of their season ticket base has decided to stay home and forgo continuous binges of garlic fries and anchor steam, Macgown will realize the importance of a competitve or at the very least, exciting ballclub.

This Bonds hangover is going to hurt like hell.