• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a fan of the Mets.

I just wish their idiot south florida bandwagon fans would go back to New York if they love the Mets so much. Every single Mets fan there has either a Reyes, Wright, or Santana jersey. Cool.

i am watching the braves/pitt game, and there's a big Yankees Suck chant going on. What's up with that?

They are merely reasserting what everyone knows: that the Yankees suck.

I'm going to give Mets fans the benefit of the doubt and assume most of them aren't like the mouth breathers in SoFla. Only because the SoFla mets fans aren't that much different from the rest of the population.

I just wish their idiot south florida bandwagon fans would go back to New York if they love the Mets so much. Every single Mets fan there has either a Reyes, Wright, or Santana jersey. Cool.

Every native New Yorker I know has an immediate relative living in Florida nowadays... that's just the way it is, bobbob... you really didn't expect to see any Endy Chavez or Brian Schneider jerseys, did you? There probably aren't many Rick VandenHurk or Taylor Tankersley jerseys bouncing around Dolphins Stadium either.

Every native New Yorker I know has an immediate relative living in Florida nowadays... that's just the way it is, bobbob... you really didn't expect to see any Endy Chavez or Brian Schneider jerseys, did you? There probably aren't many Rick VandenHurk or Taylor Tankersley jerseys bouncing around Dolphins Stadium either.

Just saying, 3 years ago Mets games weren't like this. Most of them were Yankees fans 3 years ago.

4 shirtless Fans in the bleachers had "F" "U" "K" "U" in red white & blue on their chests... good laugh. Braun is the real deal for sure... and Alex Gordon had a nice day for the Royals as well.

And my tickets for the last-ever Baseball Hall of Fame Game (Cubs/Padres day after fathers' day, Doubleday Field, Cooperstown NY) arrived today to boot!

Lord how I love this game...

Just saying, 3 years ago Mets games weren't like this. Most of them were Yankees fans 3 years ago.

yeah, but you know as well as I how it is. The fair-weather folks inevitably come out. Believe me, it was a helluva lot easier (& cheaper) to get a ticket for a game @ shea 3 years ago. The fair-weather fucks make it tough.

I'm actually thinking attendance may raise a bit for Marlins games now that people know the stadium is coming. Knowing the team is going to be here may be enough incentive to bring out 15,000 'real' fans, every night, which would probably look something like 25,000 tickets sold. That might last a few months.

Either way, I had a blast today, and will be there this saturday for the Pirates vs. Good Guys (and Bret Michaels!).

I know the Marlins are a little short on pitching this year, but Bret Michaels? Wo.

yeah I didn't get that either... found it an ounce confusing

Oh, and baseball in hi-def is GLORIOUS.

I'm not getting a lot about the scheduling this year.

I wish I had hi-def. 2 years ago the Marlins had this camera in center field that was hi-def and super slomo so in the HD broadcasts they would zoom in on the pitches so you could see how they threw them and stuff. Pretty awesome.

Fukudome!

Thank God I got him for my fantasy team!

the magic of eric gagne continues!

I hope he is twice as shitty as he was last year with Boston. Serves the piece of shit right. That's the difference between Dodger fans and Giants fans - we don't make excuses and whine about people picking on our steroid users, we feel betrayed and we hate them forever. (Easy to say when they aren't still playing for you, but still.)

That's how every damn game is at Dodger Stadium. Nearly every team has a large contingent who live here and remain loyal. I really hate going to see the Braves - the people who moved out here from ATL are so friggin' annoying with their damn tomahawk crap.

Oh, and I just now figured out that Chompsky = bobbob. Welcome back... sort of.