• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love manny.

sportscenter ran a top 10 of "manny" moments last night, and it brought tears to my eyes.

I recorded that last night. Gammons told a brief story how Manny gets his custom-made suits at a place in Newbury and as tradition with custom-made suits, they put the buyer's initials on the inside right breast pocket. Manny has "M.B.M." put on all his suits: Manny Being Manny.

Like him or not, he's a certain for the HOF and still an amazing player with a few good years left in him. I think his arm in the OF makes up for his lack of range, too.

I am three outs away from being really, really pissed off at the Mets.

This just in: The Mets suck, are lame and suck. Willie must go. The only hope for this team is Bobby Valentine, or someone even more evil, who will bring something resembling grit out of this group of underachievers.

This just in: The Mets suck, are lame and suck. Willie must go. The only hope for this team is Bobby Valentine, or someone even more evil, who will bring something resembling grit out of this group of underachievers.

I am resisting every impulse in my body to agree with you.

Seriously - what's there not to like about Manny, except maybe this bit:

p1.manny.ramirez.si.jpg

yeah, it's the whole "let me undo my batting gloves while casually swaggering to first base as I watch the ball go over the wall" bit that irritates the crap out of me.

I've never bought into the "gentleman rules" of baseball. If Joba wants to freak out every time he strikes someone out in the 8th, let him. If Manny wants to walk to first on a home run, let him. If the opponents have a problem with it, they can do something about it, but I'm not going to fault someone for being natural during a game. If that's what they want to do, let them do it.

I've never bought into the "gentleman rules" of baseball. If Joba wants to freak out every time he strikes someone out in the 8th, let him. If Manny wants to walk to first on a home run, let him. If the opponents have a problem with it, they can do something about it, but I'm not going to fault someone for being natural during a game. If that's what they want to do, let them do it.

I believe the question was "Do you like Manny Ramirez," not "Is Manny Ramirez allowed to watch the flight of his homerun whilst standing on the baseline and taking off his batting gloves."

I believe the question was "Do you like Manny Ramirez," not "Is Manny Ramirez allowed to watch the flight of his homerun whilst standing on the baseline and taking off his batting gloves."

I didn't realize conversations weren't allowed to move past the initial question. Guess we should close up every thread on the board.

I didn't realize conversations weren't allowed to move past the initial question.

Sure they are, but conversations also need two sides. No one suggested anything contrary to what you argued. Unless you are now just arguing with yourself... :lol

I was offering a different opinion than hers. She doesn't like that he takes his gloves off and what not, I think it's perfectly fine.

That mini-rant was also because I had Goose Gossage's thing about Joba in mind and had been discussing it earlier today. Sorry for the confusion.

1. I have changed my avatar to that of Lenny Dykstra. If the 2008 Mets had just a fraction of the fire, grit and sense of purpose Lenny had as a player, they would be the terror of the league.

2. Until Willie Randolph is fired, I am not wearing a Mets hat, shirt or throwback. I am not on strike as a Mets fan. Call it a "sickout."

As a long suffering Mets/Jets/Knicks fan (insert joke), I have to say that yes, NY fans can be tough and jump to conclusions and boo you the day after you hit a home run. And all of that is over the top and can be perceived by players as an us against them thing. But the truth is, and I believe this, Mets fans (and NY fans in general) just want to see a team that goes out there and leaves everything on the field. Even if they lose.

I understand that slamming helmets on the ground when you strike out is not the only way to show passion. But there is just a vibe this team gives off -- and maybe the vibe flows from the laid back manager. Fans don't sense any urgency from this team. And let's face it, after last season's debacle there should be urgency. Even if it's early. Last year showed that an 8 game lead isn't enough, right? This team should have come back and been hungry to build a 20 game lead one month into the season.

I understand the team is over .500 and only 2 games out in the loss column and it's early. Mets fans know it too. Mets fans just want to see some passion. And Heilman sucks.

1. I have changed my avatar to that of Lenny Dykstra. If the 2008 Mets had just a fraction of the fire, grit and sense of purpose Lenny had as a player, they would be the terror of the league.

2. Until Willie Randolph is fired, I am not wearing a Mets hat, shirt or throwback. I am not on strike as a Mets fan. Call it a "sickout."

I liked seeing Billy Wagner interviewed after (I think) last night's game.

He finally said "why the f*#@ are you interviewing the closer? I didn't even pitch tonight ..."