• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T. Wakefield

IP: 8.0 H:2 R:0 BB:0 K:6

Wakefield has the most K's in BOS history now behind only Clemens and ahead of Pedro.

Lots to like in last night's game: Wakefield only throwing 80-something pitches through 7 innings, his pitches were obviously effective all night, Papi-Manny back-to-backs, bullpen was on, and it was actually a quick game.

The BOS offense continues to be torrid (they lead the league in a lot of offensive categories) and the quality starts from the rotation remains top-notch.

Wakefield is 41 years young and since he has pitched in 518 games and started 377 games i think this guy could pitch for another 5-7 years since he is a knuckleballer. not much strain on his arm, plus you can put him back in the bullpen at some point. great pitcher

Great pitching tonight Mr. Gavin Floyd. Well done. Beautiful stuff.

One of the highlights of my baseball watching life was watching Mark Buerhle throw a no hitter last year. This was in the top 10. Great to see the White Sox pitching continue to dominate...and the bats finally come alive.

One of the highlights of my baseball watching life was watching Mark Buerhle throw a no hitter last year. This was in the top 10. Great to see the White Sox pitching continue to dominate...and the bats finally come alive.

That must have been really cool.

FOX Sports ranks the top 10 worst sports franchises.

WOO! Let's go Bucs! :cryin

1. Pittsburgh Pirates

Never mind championships, pennants or division titles, the Pittsburgh Pirates haven't even had a winning season in 15 years. One more losing season and the Pirates will tie the record for most consecutive losing seasons among the four major sports. They continually field one of the youngest and most inexperienced rosters in the league and are always rebuilding. The black and yellow team colors fit their plan of constantly being under construction.

Puzzling personnel plays: Signing Derek Bell, Jeromy Burnitz and Tony Armas, Jr.; and trading Aramis Ramirez.

Remember ... 1997: The closest the Pirates have come to 83 wins (otherwise known as a winning season) was in 1997. They were expected to push 90 to 100 losses, but ended up as one of the league's irrelevant surprises when they finished with 79 wins. The entire team salary was $9 million, which was less than what Albert Belle made that season.

No way the Twins should be on there. No way.

Yes it has to be frustrating that their owner doesnt spend $$, but that has been a fun and exciting team to root for for many years. They are always competitive.

yeah, the Pirates tend to play pretty well, but they always blow it at the end of the game. I was hoping that shit would end when they got rid of Lloyd McClendon, but it seems to have gotten worse.

Ridiculous scene in the Rangers Mariners game.

Richie Sexson is a pussy.

You're gonna see some Dice-K.

no he won't. Bobbob doesn't believe in the red sox. it will be like the scenes in Field of Dreams where the banker brother can't see the players because he doesn't have the faith.

Actually, I'm going to the game, but I'm going to pretend the Twins are actually the Yankees. It will be soooo much more exciting that way.

In that case, go Yankees (Twins). Boston should take at least 3 of 4, but I'm always hopeful. Have fun. The dome's not a great place to watch a game. Can't wait for the new stadium to open.