• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan Uggla is a man possessed right now.

He's such a frustrating player, sometimes. He'll look like Barry fucking Bonds for 2 weeks and then look like he doesn't belong in the majors the next.

Ryan Braun has gone deep twice tonight, giving him 4 homers in the last two games. His groove might be back.

Still, I think my favorite part of tonight's Brewers-Cards game was when Molina was ejected, and responded by taking off all of his catcher's gear and leaving it at the feet of the umpire. A short time later La Russa was tossed, too.

Looked like his chest protector hit the ump, too. Could be a suspension on the horizon.

Why would they do that? Don't they have enough outfielders that can't hit?

Totally.

i think Braun is my favorite Brewer since Yount, what a player!

cool to see the Golden-Horned Unicorn last night, the unassisted triple play, the fourteenth in MLB History! and Cliff Lee continues to pitch out-of-his-mind. wow!

Cubs put up 12 runs, they were probably thanking Milwaukee for beating STL 3 out of 4 games.

Guest Jules
Why would they do that? Don't they have enough outfielders?

They really want another left handed bat in the lineup. The scoop is they would move Fukudome up to #2 and bat Edmonds #5, with Pie going back to the minors again. There is no risk. They pay him the minimum, give it a couple weeks, and if he shits the bed, then so long. You know he'll play defense.

Dan Uggla is a man possessed right now.

He's such a frustrating player, sometimes. He'll look like Barry fucking Bonds for 2 weeks and then look like he doesn't belong in the majors the next.

that's what "the cycle" will do to you.

You know he'll play defense.

I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with this one. Edmonds is the most overrated defensive outfielder I've ever seen. Making diving catches because you get bad jumps and take stupid routes to the ball does not make you a good defensive player, and from all accounts, he's been flat out awful this year.

I was going to post something similar, Bobs, but I looked up his range factor for this year and last and they're good.

I'm not saying he's a bad defensive player, but he's definitely not deserving of all of those gold gloves and the reputation he has. He basically won them on a couple of spectacular catches. He's impressive as hell in that he'll put his body on the line, but he doesn't have the range to be a premiere defensive player.

Grady Sizemore is having the same thing happen to him, as is David Wright. And Jeter, of course. They've made some flat out ridiculous plays, but their overall defensive abilities aren't elite. They've gained a reputation because most people's ideas on fielding are based on the 5 second clips they see from Web Gems.

Did you guys see Manny in today's game in Baltimore? Makes an over the shoulder catch at the warning track, jumps up, high fives a fan in the first row and then turns fires the ball to the infield to double off the guy at first.

Manny is so cool.

Did you guys see Manny in today's game in Baltimore? Makes an over the shoulder catch at the warning track, jumps up, high fives a fan in the first row and then turns fires the ball to the infield to double off the guy at first.

Manny is so cool.

Oh my.

This just in: Aaron Heilman sucks!

Guest Jules
I know I "hate" the Red Sox and all, but I do love Manny. That's a guy who gets that it is, after all, just a game.

that was fun

Manny is so cool.

How did that game turn out, BTW? :brow

Orioles Magic, baby!