• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are quite nice, aren't they? I know that they'd probably refrain from using orange/blue (since a division rival is using the combination), but if they went with orange and perhaps the current teal, using the vintage typography/logos, it'd be pretty damn cool.

I hadn't seen the old Miami Marlins uniforms before, but they do look a lot nicer than what they wear now. I'm not a big fan of teal uniforms. Brings me back to some really bad years for the Pistons.

Christ. Whoever thought of those togs should be beaten to death with a bag of nickels. They were awful.

would looooove to see the Marlins go truly retro and pay homage to the old Miami Marlins minor-league teams:

mia57h.jpg

mia56r.jpg

And as a side note, if any (any!!!) team went with grey heather for their road greys, I'd be in true awe.

Oh my. Those are sweeeeeeeeeet.

Christ. Whoever thought of those togs should be beaten to death with a bag of nickels. They were awful.

They were the worst. The team was really bad in those years too, but I think I actually resented the uniforms worse than the shitty players.

They were the worst. The team was really bad in those years too, but I think I actually resented the uniforms worse than the shitty players.

Speaking of hideous NBA unis, the NJ Nets tie-dye jobs from the early 90s were positively atrocious.

aadeadheadmetyq4.jpg

Baseball Furies!

wrightreyesgq.jpg

Welcome back, FIU Alum, Mike Lowell!

Hear, hear.

Just focus on his last three starts. On three consecutive occasions Lee has pitched 8 innings or more' date=' allowed no more than 3 hits, walked no more than one batter, and struck out at least 8 batters.

We have game logs going back to 1956, courtesy of Retrosheet and Baseball-Reference.com. Since 1956, do you know how many pitchers had made three straight starts with 8+ innings,

Cliff Lee.

Here's that list again, sorted by last name:

Lee, Cliff.

That's it. Lee's stretch of pitching is unmatched in at least 50 years, and quite possibly ever, when you consider that strikeouts tend to decrease in frequency as you go back in time.

Even if you eliminate the strikeout requirement entirely and just look for pitchers with 3 consecutive starts with 8 innings, 3 or fewer hits, and one walk or none, only two pitchers in our database have such a stretch. One is Woodie Fryman, in 1966. The other is Sandy Koufax, in 1963.[/quote']

Cliff Lee is being a gangster right now.

OoooOOOoooooh! They look soooo tough! Are they modeling women's jackets?

Dude. In Flushing, even the transvestites will kick your ass if you cross 'em.

Cliff Lee is unreal at the moment. Pitching with purpose.

And this Mets fan thinks that Wright and Reyes look like total dimwits in that fashion photo.

Oh, and the fans can kiss Delgado's ass... just because they want a curtain call doesn't mean they're gonna get it.

Baseball Furies!

:worship great reference! I haven't seen that movie in years.

How's this for a depressing fantasy pitching line:

* 20.2 IP

* 0 W

* 1 S

* 13 K

* 2.61 ERA

* 1.06 WHIP

I get three quality starts, no wins.

If Delgado doesn't pick it up at some point, it's gonna be a long year for him, assuming he even remains with the Mets.

I bet he turns it around a little bit. He's always a slow starter. He is also past his prime though, so I don't think you'll get the Delgado of old even once he hits his stride, but he should get considerably better than he's been so far.

It's not unreasonable to assume that Delgado will improve somewhat, if he stays healthy. It's just that everybody in the Mets organization is on a really short leash this year and is liable to be booed at any time for underperformance. (Like, say, giving up seven runs in one inning due to bad defense and worse pitching!) Even David Wright will hear it if he slumps this year.