• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes I really wonder if I wouldn't just be better off in the long run if I stopped rooting for the Mets... I can't quit them, but man, they kill me.

Fenway beats Yankee Stadium for "tradition"? Really?

Well, it has been around a little longer. And Fenway's tradition of coming up short year-in and year-out until a few years ago rivals the tradition of winning in the Bronx up until a few years ago. Coin toss?

Keep in mind that unlike the way they did those stadium rankings a few years ago, it is now done exclusively by fan vote. So yeah, Red Sox fans rank the tradition of their ballpark more favorably than Yankees fans score the tradition of their ballpark. But it's pretty arguable.

I mean, I bet there's more "tradition" at Shea (#19 in the tradition rankings, built in 1964 and has seen a couple World Series) than at PNC park (#10 in the tradition rankings, built in 2001, saw...an All Star Game I guess). But the fans in Pittsburgh are happier with the tradition of their ballpark than the fans in Queens, apparently.

I don't think it was a "vote for which stadium has the greatest tradition" type of question though. It was "How good do you think the tradition is in this ballpark. Select poor, average, above average, great" and then the rankings were based on the average response. So it's not that Red Sox fans voted for Fenway over Yankee Stadium, it's that Red Sox fans are happier with Fenway than Yankees fans are with Yankee Stadium. I bet if you asked Yankees fans if Yankee Stadium was better than Fenway, they'd all say yes.

I bet if you asked Yankees fans if Yankee Stadium was better than Fenway, they'd all say yes.

Except my wife, for one.

btw I'm only responding to extend the Sox-Yankees talk so bobbob's head will explode.

Except my wife, for one.

btw I'm only responding to extend the Sox-Yankees talk so bobbob's head will explode.

Well, similar to their placement in payroll, Marlins fans have voted Pro Player Stadium dead last in tradition, atmosphere, neighborhood, and fan I.Q.

Well, similar to their placement in payroll, Marlins fans have voted Pro Player Stadium dead last in tradition, atmosphere, neighborhood, and fan I.Q.

Oh, snap.

I guess I'm just surprised as a Red Sox fan who would have voted for The House That Ruth Built without question.

Not to split hairs, but don't forget that Yankee Stadium underwent a pretty major overhaul in the late 70s. There are some who are quite adament that it's a completely different stadium and any references to "the field where Ruth, Gehrig, etc. stood" is complete hogwash.

I agree with you though... I dont think people put Fenway above it for that reason, but I might have.

I would agree with all of those. We've got some stupid fucking fans.

"Hermida sux! Amezaga 4 MVP!!"

Idiots. And Dolphins Stadium is terrible.

You know, I think the Mets got the wrong ex-Yankee as manager.

Piniella loses it after Cubs loss

Posted: Friday May 02, 2008 07:51AM ET

Start to uncomfortable finish, manager Lou Piniella's postgame news conference Thursday lasted all of one minute -- depending on whether you count the string of profanities he uttered marching down the dreary hallway to the Cubs' clubhouse. A 4-3 loss to the Brewers -- a game that featured three runs off closer Kerry Wood during a ninth inning that included two questionable plays in the outfield -- set the stage for Piniella's first official meltdown of 2008. A question focusing on whether Piniella thought about shifting slick-fielding center fielder Reed Johnson to left -- in place of fresh-off-the-disabled-list Alfonso Soriano -- when he inserted defensive sub Felix Pie in center during the eighth inning lit Piniella's short fuse. "You're damn right I thought about it,'' Piniella said, his voice rising. ''You think I'm stupid or something?" As Piniella stormed away, the profanities came spilling out.

Guest Muncle Douchey
Sorry CUBS Fans but that Brewer comeback to take the series after losing 19-5 was AWESOME!!!!!!!

that hurt