It wasn't being maintained, and uses up a huge piece of land. But it still makes me sad to see it go. Lots of great memories there. I will have to go pay my last respects.

Sadly, that statement actually describes the majority of buildings in downtown Detroit.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're headed to the Fens tomorrow? Nice.

When is Beckett supposed to make up his start?

Beckett's supposed to start Sunday. Sox site still has Lester on for tomorrow. Maybe Wake? That'd be sweet. Yeah - I'm going! Day game!!!

Can someone tell me why the fuck people refer to Gary Matthews, Jr. as "Matthews Junior" when calling him by his last name? His last name is "Matthews" and just that works fine, unless you're making it clear you're referring to him and not his dad, which is pretty unnecessary when he's in the process of catching a line drive in a nationally televised baseball game.

Actually, welcome back to the entire Detroit offense. That 6th inning was fucking awesome. They're finally starting to hit the way that they were expected to before the season. And they did it with Inge in the lineup instead of Sheff too.

Can someone tell me why the fuck people refer to Gary Matthews, Jr. as "Matthews Junior" when calling him by his last name? His last name is "Matthews" and just that works fine, unless you're making it clear you're referring to him and not his dad, which is pretty unnecessary when he's in the process of catching a line drive in a nationally televised baseball game.

Not many people know that rule.

Beautiful camera angles at the new Nats park. A leap forward in televising baseball.

Beautiful camera angles at the new Nats park. A leap forward in televising baseball.

Some nice angles for sure, but I felt that the behind-home-plate camera that shows most of the action was a tiny bit too high up for my taste. It feels more like I'm watching a video game than a baseball game.

OAKLAND, Calif. -- The Big Hurt is coming back to the Bay Area.

The Oakland Athletics agreed to terms with designated hitter Frank Thomas, who was released Sunday by the Toronto Blue Jays to become a free agent after becoming disgruntled about his playing time.

Oakland will be on the hook only for about $337,000 -- a prorated share of the $390,000 minimum -- so this move was a bargain for general manager Billy Beane and a club looking to boost its power numbers.

To clear roster room, the A's placed outfielder Travis Buck on the 15-day disabled list retroactive to April 19 with shin splints and transferred six-time Gold Glove third baseman Eric Chavez to the 60-day disabled list.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3365079