The Movie Quote Thread

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I was walking through the woods thinking about Christ, if he was a carpenter, I wonder how much he charged for bookshelves."

Joey: Look, I know you're hurtin' now, but in time you'll realize what you've achieved.

Jimmy Rabbitte: I've achieved nothing!

Joey: You're missin' the point. The success of the band was irrelevant - you raised their expectations of life, you lifted their horizons. Sure we could have been famous and made albums and stuff, but that would have been predictable. This way it's poetry.

"How's an asshole like Bob get such a nice kitchen?"

Hotlips O'Houlihan: I wonder how such a degenerated person ever reached a position of authority in the Army Medical Corps.

Father Mulcahy: He was drafted.

Kate: I'm going to be 17 tomorrow.

Max: Wow, now you can read Seventeen magazine and get all the references.

--Mike

Quintus Arrius: Your eyes are full of hate, forty-one. That's good. Hate keeps a man alive. It gives him strength.

Soap Opera Woman: Hey. Could we do that again? I know we haven't met, but I don't want to be an ant. You know? I mean, it's like we go through life with our antennas bouncing off one another, continously on ant autopilot, with nothing really human required of us. Stop. Go. Walk here. Drive there. All action basically for survival. All communication simply to keep this ant colony buzzing along in an efficient, polite manner. "Here's your change." "Paper or plastic?' "Credit or debit?" "You want ketchup with that?" I don't want a straw. I want real human moments. I want to see you. I want you to see me. I don't want to give that up. I don't want to be ant, you know?

Soap Opera Woman: Hey. Could we do that again? I know we haven't met, but I don't want to be an ant. You know? I mean, it's like we go through life with our antennas bouncing off one another, continously on ant autopilot, with nothing really human required of us. Stop. Go. Walk here. Drive there. All action basically for survival. All communication simply to keep this ant colony buzzing along in an efficient, polite manner. "Here's your change." "Paper or plastic?' "Credit or debit?" "You want ketchup with that?" I don't want a straw. I want real human moments. I want to see you. I want you to see me. I don't want to give that up. I don't want to be ant, you know?
Once again these kind of threads degenerate into not really sharing with the kiddies.

If one doesn't recognize the quote from the movie, then it is just an interesting read.

Post the name of the movie for those of us with short fuses and even shorter attention spans.

Por Favor.

Thank you for your support

Waking Life

:thumbup

Kate: Look at your algebra book; it looks like it's never even been opened!

Riff: I only use it on special equations.

YES! :yay

Johnny: We're not students. We're the Ramones.

(for the record: both from rock n roll high school)

from fargo:

"with jose feliciano, you've got no complaints."

• 4 weeks later...

When you have to shoot, SHOOT. Don't talk

Guest Muncle Douchey

WALTER: And let's also not forget--let's not forget, Dude--that keeping wildlife, an amphibious rodent, for uh, domestic, you know, within the city-- that isn't legal either.

DUDE: What're you, a fucking park ranger now?