The Movie Quote Thread

My niece gave a report in class a few weeks ago on the JFK assassination. I told her I would love to see her standing in front of the class doing the "Back... and to the left!" scene from the Oliver Stone movie.

We also spent several weeks telling her "Oswald wasn't near marksman enough..." (from Annie Hall). After her presentation, when the class got to ask questions, one kid asked "if Oswald was recruited to kill JFK as part of a conspiracy, did they pick him because he was a really good shooter?" She said she gave him the eyebrow: :brow

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every single line from Animal House!

But to narrow it down some:

Bluto: See if you can guess what I am now.

[puts mashed potatoes in his mouth, chews it, hits his cheeks with his fists and spits it out]

Bluto: I'm a zit. Get it?

Dean Vernon Wormer: The time has come for someone to put his foot down. And that foot is me.

Bluto: They took the bar! The whole fucking bar!

Dean Vernon Wormer: Mr. Kroger: two C's, two D's and an F. That's a 1.2 grade average. Congratulations, Kroger. You're at the top of the Delta pledge class. Mr. Dorfman?

Flounder: Hello!

Dean Vernon Wormer: Zero point two... Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

D-Day: War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.

Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Otter: Germans?

Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.

Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...

[thinks hard]

Bluto: the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

[runs out, alone; then returns]

Bluto: What the fuck happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...

Otter: Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.

D-Day: Let's do it.

Bluto: LET'S DO IT!

My favorite THE USUAL SUSPECTS

Interrogation Cop: You know what happens if you do another turn in the joint?

Hockney: Fuck your father in the shower and then have a snack? Are you going to charge me dickhead?

Fenster: Man, I had a finger up my asshole tonight.

Hockney: Is it Friday already?

Verbal: After that my guess is that you will never hear from him again. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

McManus: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. Oswald was a fag.

My obligatory Blazing Saddles contribution:

[Jim downs a bottle of whiskey in one long guzzle]

Bart: A man drink like that and he don't eat, he is going to DIE.

Jim: .....When?

Bart: You are my guest, and I am your host. What is your pleasure? What do you like to do?

Jim: I don't know... play chess... screw...

Bart: [quickly] Let's play chess.

>My niece gave a report in class a few weeks ago on the JFK assassination. I told her I would love to see her standing in front of the class doing the "Back... and to the left!" scene from the Oliver Stone movie.

You should have had her recite the Conspiracy A Go Go scene in the book store in Slacker.

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

-Inigo Montoya (Mandy Patankin), also in The Princess Bride

On the advice of another teacher I showed that movie to my 4th grade class as a treat for good behavior. I hadn't seen it in at least 10 years, but how bad could it be, right?

At the end when Inigo tweeks the line and adds "...you son of a bitch" to the end of that, my whole class whipped their heads around to look at me in the back of the room grading papers. They were quiet, jaws dropped to the desk, and I just sat there with my eyes about to pop out of my head. Then they suddenly went ape shit, howling "Oh my God! He said the b-word!" and "Mr. Kinsley! What kind of movie are you showing us!"

We had a little chat about how if a grown-up tells you not to tell your parents about something or else you'll get in trouble, it's really the grown-up who'll get in trouble, not the kid. "But having said all that kids... is it REALLY neccesary to tell your parents about this one little word?"

On the advice of another teacher I showed that movie to my 4th grade class as a treat for good behavior. I hadn't seen it in at least 10 years, but how bad could it be, right?

At the end when Inigo tweeks the line and adds "...you son of a bitch" to the end of that, my whole class whipped their heads around to look at me in the back of the room grading papers. They were quiet, jaws dropped to the desk, and I just sat there with my eyes about to pop out of my head. Then they suddenly went ape shit, howling "Oh my God! He said the b-word!" and "Mr. Kinsley! What kind of movie are you showing us!"

We had a little chat about how if a grown-up tells you not to tell your parents about something or else you'll get in trouble, it's really the grown-up who'll get in trouble, not the kid. "But having said all that kids... is it REALLY neccesary to tell your parents about this one little word?"

I well up every time I see that scene.

I believe it goes:

Promise me ritches!

-All that you want!

Promise me power!

-Anything! Anything!!!

I want my father back you son of a bitch!!!

(runs him through.)

Again, from This Is Spinal Tap:

Marty: "What would you do if the rock and roll thing had not worked out?"

Nigel: "I don't know. Be a habberdasher, I guess."

Marty: "A habberdasher?"

Nigel: "Yeah. You know, selling hats and such. See... Pretend that you're a customer."

Marty: "Okay. I would... Um... I'd like to buy a hat please."

Nigel: "What size, sir? You see I think that I would be very good at that.

Marty: "But... Um... Do you think that you would like that?"

Nigel: "I don't know. What are the hours?"

"Do you know what they call a Quarter Pounder with cheese in Paris?"

YES!! Probably one of my favorite conversations from a movie of all time.

Jacked from Wikiquote...

Vincent: You know what the funniest thing about Europe is?

Jules: What?

Vincent: It's the little differences. I mean, they got the same shit over there that they got here, but it's just

King Arthur: I am your king.

Woman: Well I didn't vote for you.

King Arthur: You don't vote for kings.

Woman: Well how'd you become king then?

[Angelic music plays... ]

King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king.

Dennis: [interrupting] Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

"And for what? For a little bit of money. There's more to life than a little money, you know. Don't you know that? And here ya are, and it's a beautiful day. Well, I just don't understand it." - Marge Gunderson, Fargo