The Movie Quote Thread

"Don't you know who we are? This is CAPTAIN AMERICA, man - and I'm Billy! We've played every parade in this part of the country and I mean for top dollar, too!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching? And my straw reaches across the room, and starts to drink your milkshake. I, drink, your, milkshake!

Strictly from Rob Reiner movies:

"Anybody want a peanut?"

-Fezzig (Andre the Giant) in The Princess Bride

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

-Inigo Montoya (Mandy Patankin), also in The Princess Bride

"This one goes to eleven."

-Nigel Tufnel (Chris Guess) in This Is Spinal Tap

I thought for sure you'd pick "Turn to the right".

Okay, then...

"Turn to the RIGHT!"

("Don't forget his phone call, Ed.")

I'm such a dork for the Coen Bros. dialogue.

Tenderloin, that's one crazy effin' signature you got there. Where do you people find these treasures, I wonder?

-kp

"Let me tell you something, this is not an easy job. I get a call on the radio, dispatch, it's bad news. And it stinks. But this is my job and I love it. Because I want to do well - in this life and in this world, I want to do well. And I want to help people. And I might get twenty bad calls a day. But one time I can help someone and make a save - correct a wrong or right a situation - then I'm a happy cop. And as we move through this life we should try and do good. Do good... And if we can do that, and not hurt anyone else, well... then..." - Jim Kurring, Magnolia

Yeah

Strictly from Rob Reiner movies:

"Anybody want a peanut?"

-Fezzig (Andre the Giant) in The Princess Bride

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

-Inigo Montoya (Mandy Patankin), also in The Princess Bride

Yeah, that's a great movie. "Inconceivable!" is still a word that in our house can only be said that one certain way (defiant, with just a little bit of spit). And will usually get the "I do not think that word means what you think that it means" Montoya response.

Dr. Leo Marvin: All's I want is some peace and quiet!

Bob Wiley: Okay, I'll be quiet.

Siggy: And I'll be peace!

"What About Bob?"

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite

Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Vincent Hanna: I'm angry. I'm very angry, Ralph. You know, you can ball my wife if she wants you to. You can lounge around here on her sofa, in her ex-husband's dead-tech, post-modernistic bullshit house if you want to. But you do not get to watch my fucking television set!

Okay, then...

"Turn to the RIGHT!"

("Don't forget his phone call, Ed.")

I'm such a dork for the Coen Bros. dialogue.

Me too..................'I'm walking in here on my knees, a free man proposin'.....'and...........'Son, you got a panty on yer head'............those keep a smile on my face......

Me too..................'I'm walking in here on my knees, a free man proposin'.....'and...........'Son, you got a panty on yer head'............those keep a smile on my face......

I like "I don't know - they were jammies! They had Yodas 'n' shit on 'em!" :)