The Movie Quote Thread

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we had fun with this about a year ago, but my favorite two are :

"What would you do with a brain if you had one?" (Wizard of Oz, also overheard on a random wiretap on Washington, DC)

"Put... zee candle... back" (Young Frankenstein)

[on Dave's return to the ship, after HAL has killed the rest of the crew]

HAL: Look Dave, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over.

"You guys have it real easy. I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and your going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you." Herman Blume, Rushmore

"Anybody interested in grabbing a couple of burgers and hittin' the cemetery?" Royal, The Royal Tenenbaums

From Network, a movie that everyone should see if they have not already:

Diana Christensen: I'm sorry for all those things I said to you last night. You're not the worst fuck I ever had. Believe me, I've had worse. You don't puff or snorkel and make death-like rattles. As a matter of fact, you're rather serene in the sack.

Max Schumacher: Why is it that a woman always thinks that the most savage thing she can say to a man is to impugn his cocksmanship.

Diana Christensen: I'm sorry I impugned your cocksmanship.

Max Schumacher: I gave up comparing genitals back in the schoolyard.

From Network, a movie that everyone should see if they have not already:

Diana Christensen: I'm sorry for all those things I said to you last night. You're not the worst fuck I ever had. Believe me, I've had worse. You don't puff or snorkel and make death-like rattles. As a matter of fact, you're rather serene in the sack.

Max Schumacher: Why is it that a woman always thinks that the most savage thing she can say to a man is to impugn his cocksmanship.

Diana Christensen: I'm sorry I impugned your cocksmanship.

Max Schumacher: I gave up comparing genitals back in the schoolyard.

awesome. one of my favorite films.

Pip: Yeah, but remember that fat kid on "Hard Copy" with a toy gun. The cops zapped him with a taser until he went bald.

Chazz: And then he sued them for a million bucks when his pubes didn't grow in.

Pip: Still got no hair on his balls, man.

"I feel like 9/11!" - Gone Baby Gone
I just watched that!

"You think God belongs only to you? He doesn't. God is an immortal spirit who belongs to everybody, to the whole world. You think you're special? God is not an Israelite. " ---Jesus, Last Temptation of Christ (which was just on TV last night)