Just got this

Greetings all.

A quick news brief from Wilcoworld on the eve of the last show of the Australia/NZ tour. That final gig will be streamed live from the Palace Theatre, Melbourne tomorrow (Wednesday) at 7am Eastern US Time via wilcoworld. So put the kettle on and tune in if you can.

Tickets for the Spring North American tour are just on sale and we've already got a few sellouts on the board. This run will wind its way northwest and then south with stops in numerous new or rarely-visited locales as well as a couple of old favorites. Tickets are on sale HERE for shows in Minnesota, North Dakota (first ever), Montana, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, and Missouri. Note that we'll also be making up last summer's cancelled show in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Additionally, the two shows in St. Louis at the Pageant sold out so quickly that we're adding a third on Saturday, May 17. News about tickets for that will be up this week.

When that tour wraps in mid-May, Wilco will break for a couple of months until late July when they'll be making their first ever visit to Alaska. Ticket info for those shows (scheduled for July 25/26 in Fairbanks and Anchorage respectively) coming very soon. We'll also have news shortly about a handful of additional cool/exciting gigs in August (in addition to the already announced SF gig) so keep your eyes and mice peeled.

Thank you as always for supporting the dates and the band. See you out there soon.

peace,

the Wilco HQ team

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a friend who is spending the summer in alaska. i'm so excited that she might get to go to one of those shows!

My husband and I just checked to see whether spending our first anniversary in alaska seeing wilco would be possible. How cool would that be?!

Sweet jesus, flights are expensive from chicago; maybe in a few years :ohwell

" Subject: Breakfast with Wilco, Spring tour tickets, Summer preview "........

Now the email from HQ had this as the subject line. Nothing mentioned about "Breakfast with Wilco".

So.... wonder what, when, how? :dancing

" This run will wind its way northwest and then south with stops in numerous new or rarely-visited locales as well as a couple of old favorites. "......

Alright Wilco :thumbup the South :cheekkiss I look forward to the numerous new and rarely-visited locales!!

I just pray it's days I can take off.

PLEASE ANYTHING OTHER THAN MAY 19-23 !!!! ... (unless local to me, then I know I can do Wilco/Work) :)

Then I know NOTHING WILL STAND IN MY WAY!!! :stunned

"We'll also have news shortly about a handful of additional cool/exciting gigs in August (in addition to the already announced SF gig)

so keep your eyes and mice peeled. ".....

ANYTHING OTHER THAN AUGUST 4-8[/b] then I know NOTHING WILL STAND IN MY WAY!!

It really hurt giving up my Charleston tickets, I was so looking forward to it in Feb.

Now I can't go on the 7th which just brings a tear to my eye :ohwell

Here's hoping and praying I can make all the shows within a reasonable distance!!

I've got vacation days, just hope I can use them being a Wilco Groupie :worship

I'm so thrilled they're adding a third show in St. Louis. I'm making the trip to celebrate the end of my first year as a college professor. It's been a really rough year for me--I had some serious health problems in the fall, and until last week it was looking like there wasn't going to be enough money in the department's budget to bring me back next year--so I feel like I have a lot to celebrate. I'm making it a road trip, I think, so if anybody wants to come along for the ride, let me know :P

I'm so thrilled they're adding a third show in St. Louis. I'm making the trip to celebrate the end of my first year as a college professor. It's been a really rough year for me--I had some serious health problems in the fall, and until last week it was looking like there wasn't going to be enough money in the department's budget to bring me back next year--so I feel like I have a lot to celebrate. I'm making it a road trip, I think, so if anybody wants to come along for the ride, let me know :P

I wish I could "roadtrip" with ya to St. Louis... But it's far between GA and NY... Wish I were closer to where you are....

Three shows in three nights would be blistful :stunned

I hope you celebrate grateful-ly, joyful-ly, Wilco-ly :cheekkiss

The first 2 nights of the Residency were supposed to be my wife's surprise birthday. But I was 'somehow' - broker bastards - shut out. The Charleston show was going to be her '2nd best' gift. We all know what happened with that and my feelings toward it!1 I got us tickets to both the 15th and 16th Pageant shows. If my good fortune holds and I can swing 2 for Saturday, the whole unpleasantness will be a distant memory. :cheekkiss :cheers My God, I so enjoy seeing this band live and Tweedy solo. I hope to meet some of you. :beer

Breakfast with Wilco refers to this morning's webcast, not a novelty cereal as I had hoped.

:ohwell I was hoping for maybe some "fans" and "wilco" having breakfast together.

Sounded like a good prize to me :shifty

"We'll also have news shortly about a handful of additional cool/exciting gigs in August (in addition to the already announced SF gig)

so keep your eyes and mice peeled. ".....

Well, they did say that they promised to make it up to us for the Charleston reschedule. Maybe one of these new shows will be in close proximity to Charleston. Asheville? Greenville? or Charlotte even? If so, they will be forgiven in my book.. We'll see..

How do you keep your 'mice peeled'? :huh

I don't know. But can you actually peel your eyes?

:ohwell I was hoping for maybe some "fans" and "wilco" having breakfast together.

Sounded like a good prize to me :shifty

This would probably rank in Top Ten Most Awkward Moments for most parties involved.

" This run will wind its way northwest and then south with stops in numerous new or rarely-visited locales as well as a couple of old favorites. "......

Alright Wilco :thumbup the South :cheekkiss I look forward to the numerous new and rarely-visited locales!!

I just pray it's days I can take off.

PLEASE ANYTHING OTHER THAN MAY 19-23 !!!! ... (unless local to me, then I know I can do Wilco/Work) :)

Then I know NOTHING WILL STAND IN MY WAY!!! :stunned

Not to burst your bubble, but I'm pretty sure the shows they're referring to are the ones already listed on WilcoWorld. Heading NW would be MN, ND, Manitoba, MT... then south to CO, TX, MO. The email said when the tour wraps in "mid-May" they're taking a break until they head to Alaska at the end of July.

But the August dates could be exciting.

Not to burst your bubble, but I'm pretty sure the shows they're referring to are the ones already listed on WilcoWorld. Heading NW would be MN, ND, Manitoba, MT... then south to CO, TX, MO. The email said when the tour wraps in "mid-May" they're taking a break until they head to Alaska at the end of July.

But the August dates could be exciting.

Wishful Thinking on my part :pray

My bubble was bursted when they changed the Charleston show :ohwell

But I'm staying hopeful for some shows I can attend :eat

I got two other shows, so far (besides local gigs)...

Edwin Mccain is playing the Imperial Theatre in Augusta, GA. (well Augusta is kinda local)

I'd love to see Wilco play this venue... :wub

and Jack Johnson in the ATL will be fun...

Tho, these I'm really looking forward to... these are not WILCO :w00t :dance :worship

Wilco is who I'd rather see live (and I want more than just one show)!!!

It's only March so who knows where the year will take us all? November will be a scary month :hmm

That's definitely one hell of a year. I'm so buying you a beer when you're here.

And maybe a box of Tweedy-O's. :)

This would probably rank in Top Ten Most Awkward Moments for most parties involved.

Maybe awkwark... but would be Interesting and I could see some funny moments too :lol

Do you guys think that there could be any hidden agenda behind all the smaller venues? I mean, maybe it's just because those things are way fun, but could they be filming more, or road testing new songs? Probably not, but you know, we always crave news around here.

It sounds like they wanted to visit new and rarely visited places. They haven't been to Arizona in a few years and it probably won't be for a while, but I'm just glad they're coming close.