I'm not making a defense of whoever accepted money from the telecoms, but keep in mind that we're only given an average of moneys received. We're not given any names or specific amounts. Could there be very large amounts given to a few people that skewed the numbers? Are there some who received less who changed their vote? Are there some who received more who didn't change their vote?

whether specifics come out or not, it is beyond me why so many would pile on more huge, long-term damage to the country especially now (and, far less important, to their reputations) for a little cash. i mean, i've been around for a long time, and i just don't get this. i'd ask if anyone else understands why, but think i already did that, with no answers. this feels like after the '06 election. only worse.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cthulhu4prez.jpg
Looks like Obama has already dropped the seal. I thought the seal was a tad obnoxious...

Rilly.....

I know I am late to this most recent party.....Obama can't be a saint, he came up in Chicago, IL politics (both state and city) so there is plenty of bad shit that can stick to him at some point. Yet on the other hand I am having a disagreement with a very old and good friend who is voting McCain because McCain is better for Israel. Go figure. This friend came of political age in Madision, Wisconsin circa 1967-71 and considers (or ed) himself a radical. Go double figure....

LouieB

half the country huh? hmmm, must have missed that poll. funny how disagreeing with the obama on issues translates into believing in dumbass emails...among other things.

I didn't say you thought that. I used hyperbole to make the point that Obama has been forced to make his campaign more about religion than it probably would have been were these unfounded rumors not swirling around. But I, on a personal level, agree with you. Obama and James Dobson can shut up any day now about their faith. The problem for both of them, of course, is that their jobs kind of depend on them bringing it up.

If y'all haven't seen this yet - here 'tis. It's so freakin' bad, it's good.

> God, I HATE that guy :yes

If y'all haven't seen this yet - here 'tis. It's so freakin' bad, it's good.

> God, I HATE that guy :yes

That's pretty funny. I think that was put together for some GOP insiders, so it's a little tongue-in-cheek, but unique nonetheless.

This DFW-area ad is pretty funny, too (though, totally unrelated except for the fact that it's an ad I've been seeing).

Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but the text sure makes it sound like a great speech that Dodd gave on the Senate floor today.

http://dodd.senate.gov/index.php?q=node/4476

That's a very solid 100 minutes there. Thanks for the link. :thumbup

FISA:

In the end, only 15 U.S. Senators were willing to resort to procedural tactics as a last ditch effort to hold up the legislation. The list of those who voted against cloture included:

Joseph Biden, DE

Barbara Boxer, CA

Sherrod Brown, OH

Maria Cantwell, WA

Chris Dodd, CT

Dick Durbin, IL

Russ Feingold, WI

Tom Harkin, IA

John Kerry, MA

Frank Lautenberg, NJ

Patrick Leahy, VT

Robert Menendez, NJ

Bernie Sanders, VT

Chuck Schumer, NY

Ron Wyden, OR

"I think the White House got a better deal than even they had hoped to get," Republican Sen. Kit Bond told the New York Times.
Gogo Sherrod Brown, what a good man. In reference to the 15-senator list. There's a reason why I would have voted for him if I could have due to age.

For the most part that list reads like the honor roll of the Senate to me.

Poor George Bush isn't Responsible for economic conditions under his seven-plus years of economic stewardship of this country! Nosiree. Our Great President is POWERLESS when it comes to leadership on the economy! Our Great President would LOVE to help the American workers suffering under the admittedly currently crappy economic conditions, but he has NO TOOLS to do so! Besides, today's economic problems are ALL BILL CLINTON'S FAULT! And, Bill Clinton's economic boom, the longest ever in this nation's history, was ALL due to the tax cuts passed by RONALD REAGAN, our nation's BEST PRESIDENT EVER

IRDB - could we please leave Ray-Gun out of this? After all, this is a political thread. :rolleyes

edit: Today's the big day kids! Get yer t-shirts made up! OBAMA-CLINTON 'UNITY' NORTH AMERICAN TOUR '08!

IRDB - could we please leave Ray-Gun out of this? After all, this is a political thread. :rolleyes

edit: Today's the big day kids! Get yer t-shirts made up! OBAMA-CLINTON 'UNITY' NORTH AMERICAN TOUR '08!

That reminds me of a Driving Ms. Daisy spoof photo I saw on the internets.

latifah1.jpg

Not only did Queen Latifah have that song called U.N.I.T.Y. but I think she's what an Obama/Hillary love child would look like.

I

latifah1.jpg

Not only did Queen Latifah have that song called U.N.I.T.Y. but I think she's what an Obama/Hillary love child would look like.

:lol :lol :lol

I'm not sure, ask Karl Marx or Vladimir Lenin.

Not really great examples there.

Not really great examples there.

Castro? Mao?

by fucking it up

I tend to believe that the government can either stay uninvolved in the economy or they can interfere with it. So, yeah, the president can lead the economy to the degree that he doesn't fuck it up.