THE CLEANER: begins tonight

hey kids!

i've been working on a new show. the pilot airs tonight on A&E. i didn't work on the pilot (just on the series), but i think it's very good! (i am a terrific tv snoot and don't often recommend programs)

it's a drama. (what?! drama on tv?! shocking!)

the cast is REALLY GOOD. benjamin bratt is the star.

here's what daily candy said today:

July 15, 2008

So Fresh and So Clean

The Cleaner!

Honest, genuine, friendly on the eyes, and always satisfying.

Sigh. Good TV is hard to find.

But great TV? That's a cinch now that A&E's The Cleaner is making its series debut tonight at 10 p.m.

Based on a true story, the profoundly moving show stars Benjamin Bratt (um, hello) as William "The Cleaner" Banks, a former heroin addict who makes a deal with God for a second chance. In exchange, Banks

Are they streaming this online?

No, you're streaming it online. :realmad

Or something. I don't even know what means.

ms y, looks good! I'll watch Benjamin Bratt in just about anything, but your recommendation makes me even more likely to set the tivo. :thumbup

I saw a preview a while ago for this and it piqued my interest for sure. Last night, I saw another reminding me of it's upcoming preview.

I will be watching no doubt!

And agreed...

Mr Bratt is one gorgeous man...*BIG sigh*

i'm here to tell you: he is stunningly handsome in person. and low-key. even in the lunch line. and he's got a gorgeous voice, to boot.

He went to high school with some friends of mine, and according to them, he has always been that gorgeous. And, he was part of the Native American occupation of Alcatraz. That alone is totally swoon-worthy. :pirate

I also love the story that he left L&O because he couldn't come up with any new ways to deliver the line: "can you think of anyone who might have wanted to hurt him?" :lol

Rita Moreno spoke at Berkeley Rep a few weeks ago, and they showed some highlight clips from her career. There was one film called Pi

The title reminds me of Jean Reno's part as Viktor the Cleaner in La Femme Nikita. "Acide!"

Well Ms. Y, I'll be the first to say that I really liked the pilot and will definitely be watching or dvr'ing this every week.

Seconded.

wow! that's great everyone!

tonight to celebrate the airing of the pilot we had two treats at work: a crepe bar hosted by our network executives and a champagne toast after wrap!

lots of bon homie and jocularity 'round the office today.

AND we covered a LOT of ground work-wise today. :pirate :dancing

WEEK 3!

tonight is "Meet the Joneses."

if you see it you may see cool visual effect sequence that i built myself. took me ALL DAY to figure out how to do it. now, i'm an old hand at the technique!

good guest acting by Annabeth Gish and Tate Donovan. :cheers