Election Year!!!

Up until Friday morning, I had every intention of voting for McCain. Now, I don't see how I can. McCain is 72 years old and has had cancer. His V-P pick should have been someone who could very credibly stepped in to become commander-in-chief. Label me as sexist or whatever else, but governor of Alaska for

In deference to bipartisanship -- and your avatar: Go Packers! B)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read in the paper that the impregnator kid "Levi" is being shipped to the RNC. I feel for this kid. On his myspace page, he stated he didn't want kids. Obviously that was his own mistake, but 5 months ago when this girl became pregnant, he had no idea he would be turned into a symbol of pro-life policies in action. He's going to be on a national stage tonight with the family. Shit.

I was thinking about this kid this morning. A pretty normal h.s. athletic, happy go lucky, yet a tad aggressive being shipped to the RNC. My bet is he is stealing drinks in and around the social rooms set up at the convention. He'll probably knock some local gal up. What a story line.

Just as they did with every candidate. It's an equal-opportunity vendetta.

1) Build hero.

2) Tear hero down.

3) Resurrect hero.

4) Repeat.

Yep, the only allegiance the media really has is to ratings. They tend to align with the "winning team" if they can, but mostly if they smell blood in the water, they go for it. Its their job.

Palin is facing a wave of scrutiny right now, but that is because 99.9% of Americans had never heard of her before a few days ago and she is rapidly going through the same tearing down that anybody else in the national spotlight would go through.

I believe I said this in BOTH of my previous posts. I'm merely stating that the national polls that were being talked about earlier aren't, in my opinion, the best indicator of election results as we have an electoral process. No one is suggesting Obama has it locked up based on today's polling numbers. But to say that McCain has made huge gains in national polls, misses the point that those numbers aren't how Presidents are elected.

You said the second chart from the link you listed is "is the best way to monitor the "race" if not the real issues."

However, it's just as flawed and just as fallable a snapshot. But it's interesting to consider, along with the issues.

Up until Friday morning, I had every intention of voting for McCain. Now, I don't see how I can. McCain is 72 years old and has had cancer. His V-P pick should have been someone who could very credibly stepped in to become commander-in-chief. Label me as sexist or whatever else, but governor of Alaska for

I feel for you. Until McCain chose Palin as a running mate, I was completely undecided

Now, more than ever, we need a President who will guide us through the global political minefield using reason and critical thought, not a King James Bible and a death wish - imo.

Evangelicals tend to shy away from the KJV, in my limited experience, opting for the more modern translations.

Yep, the only allegiance the media really has is to ratings. They tend to align with the "winning team" if they can, but mostly if they smell blood in the water, they go for it. Its their job.

Palin is facing a wave of scrutiny right now, but that is because 99.9% of Americans had never heard of her before a few days ago and she is rapidly going through the same tearing down that anybody else in the national spotlight would go through.

But she looks to pretty to have to go through such a nasty vetting process. She could pull a trick from HRC's bag and squeeze out a few tears, let her voice quiver just a touch. Swoon. Big bump.

That electoral vote site just uses the very latest poll. RCP is better, imo, because they average polls:

No toss-ups:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/ma..._mccain/?map=10

with toss-ups:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/ma...bama_vs_mccain/

It's extremely close.

I use RCP too, but giving Nevada and Virginia to McCain. I dunno. I kind of look at the specific pollster also, not just the avg. Any Virgins or Nevadans have the pulse on your state?

I don't get how they want everyone to respect the privacy of Brisol and Levi, yet they put them up on a pedestal for the whole world to see. My guess is that they'll get a standing ovation.

Yet put Jamie Lynn Spears up there and they would all boo.

You said the second chart from the link you listed is "is the best way to monitor the "race" if not the real issues."

However, it's just as flawed and just as fallable a snapshot. But it's interesting to consider, along with the issues.

Sorry if it came across as that particular graph was the best way. I was saying that if you want to look at the "race," look to electoral college numbers and not national polls. That is all. I think I was very clear in saying that things change, todays' number reflect post-DNC bump, but not post-RNC bump, etc. As we move forward, electoral races are what matters not that McCain picked up 5,000 votes in Nebraska.

But she looks to pretty to have to go through such a nasty vetting process. She could pull a trick from HRC's bag and squeeze out a few tears, let her voice quiver just a touch. Swoon. Big bump.
I, for one, still want to bang her.

I see what you mean. :lol

Sorry if it came across as that particular graph was the best way. I was saying that if you want to look at the "race," look to electoral college numbers and not national polls. That is all. I think I was very clear in saying that things change, todays' number reflect post-DNC bump, but not post-RNC bump, etc. As we move forward, electoral races are what matters not that McCain picked up 5,000 votes in Nebraska.

I think for most people, that goes without saying. Else the red and blue mindset wouldn't have become such a cliche.

Maybe McCain Diebold Premier can steal another election for the [can't call 'em retarded because they be runnin' shit] Retardicans.
And, why has the Alaska Independence Party story gone largely ignored? If the GOP had evidence that at one time, Obama was a member of an Illinois Independence Party seeking to secede from the union, the uproar would be audible on the moon. Where have all the Kerry swiftboaters gone, shouldn
I don't get how they want everyone to respect the privacy of Brisol and Levi, yet they put them up on a pedestal for the whole world to see. My guess is that they'll get a standing ovation.

Yet put Jamie Lynn Spears up there and they would all boo.

I have the same problem with that. Palin knew her unmarried daughter was pregnant yet she chose to accept McCain's offer knowing the poor girl would be crucified on a national stage. Not good judgement, in my opinion, but what do I know? I'm not a mother.

I post on a political board mostly full of conservatives and they are all applauding Bristol's decision not to get an abortion. Noone seems to care she's 17 and unmarried, just that 'well at least she didn't kill her baby which is what Obama would want his daughter to do'.

I use RCP too, but giving Nevada and Virginia to McCain. I dunno. I kind of look at the specific pollster also, not just the avg. Any Virgins or Nevadans have the pulse on your state?

Has Virginia ever gone blue in a presidential election?

By no means is it impossible for Obama to win, particularly as the population of NoVa has swelled enough to counterbalance the traditionally-conservative rest of the state, but until shown otherwise I would continue to put that one in the red category.

Yes, the KJV is so old. Christians today want a *fresh* bible. With pictures (particularly of some of the old testament stuff, woo woo!)

As an Episcopalian, I :wub the KJV, but to be fair, unless you are an English major (which I was) it's kinda tough sledding.

I post on a political board mostly full of conservatives and they are all applauding Bristol's decision not to get an abortion. Noone seems to care she's 17 and unmarried, just that 'well at least she didn't kill her baby which is what Obama would want his daughter to do'.

This is similar to something my mother said. The one-issue voter (abortion) cannot be swayed.

Who said the following...

"The fires of hell are frozen glaciers compared to my hatred for the American government. And I won't be buried under their damn flag. I'll be buried in Dawson. And when Alaska is an independent nation they can bring my bones home."

The head of the Alaska Independance party whom Sarah Palin stroked for vote support and the same party her husband belonged to until she ran for Gov. I'm not sure or not if Hubby was a founder or not but this is good stuff. Is it a reverand wright moment? Probably not as it's not interesting enough to pursue.

Also I read quotes froma McCain person that they did not interview her until Last Wednesday and McCain didn't meet her himself until Thursday. That is a heck of a vetting process they went through. So all those years of experience McCain lays claim to stilll do not help his judgement, he is still a rash spur of the moment guy. I for one have had enough of leadership like that!

when are they going to start tearing down obama? november 5th?

Good one, you apparently have missed the last six months of republican assaults on his: Patriotism, ambition, race, wife, church affiliation, character, heritage etc...

I have the same problem with that. Palin knew her unmarried daughter was pregnant yet she chose to accept McCain's offer knowing the poor girl would be crucified on a national stage. Not good judgement, in my opinion, but what do I know? I'm not a mother.

I applaud her decision to keep the baby, and if she WANTS to marry the father, then more power to her. But they can't be so hypocritical. They can't tell everyone to respect their privacy, yet put their private lives out there on display.