Prevention - warn them NOT TO SHARE hats, hair accessories, combs & brushes w/ their friends/classmates.

My girls got them twice when they were little and so did I. It sucked! I ended up cutting off most of my hair before treating it 'cuz there was way TOO much hair to deal with.

It's awful but you'll get past it and hopefully, won't deal with it again.

Make sure to bag up all of their stuffed animals and pillows too. I was told everything had to stay bagged for 30 days.

Prevention - warn them NOT TO SHARE hats, hair accessories, combs & brushes w/ their friends/classmates.

My girls got them twice when they were little and so did I. It sucked! I ended up cutting off most of my hair before treating it 'cuz there was way TOO much hair to deal with.

Make sure to bag up all of their stuffed animals and pillows too. I was told everything had to stay bagged for 30 days.

Thanks for encourage me,I know that

This is true, particularly the last bit. I know a family who got them a few times and they actually useda mixture of mayonnaise, put in their hair before bed with a shower cap. A dermatologist said it was a brilliant solution. Essentially it kills the nits and also keeps them from attaching to the hairs. Plus you dream of caesar salad!

Man, does that bring back memories! When our youngest was about 9, she contracted lice. Wehad a devil if a time getting rid of them. We bought the product the pharmacist recommended but she still had lice (or was likely getting reinfested). My wife became so frustrated that she took the product that we had bought for the infested bedding and put it on our daughter's head! It said in large letters that it was for bedding and furniture only. Do not get in contact with skin! I pointed this out to my wife. With a fire in her eye she screamed, "I don't give a damn!" and di it anyway!! Good times, good times.

We got a prescription product from the doctor and it did the trick. And bag those stuffed toys!!

When I was younger I had this problem. My grandma cut my hair, used every shampoo on the market, mayonnaise and a comb that kills the lice by some kind of shock. Nothing worked and I had to take some pills for it. I still freak out whenever I see dandruff and start itching.

this is one of my all-time favorite threads (before jack'swow pic, that is -- well, maybe even with it, need to examine it some more). i'm not kidding. i read it to my husband last night and we laughed our guts out, just because it's so delightful. it has a sneaky charm.

Well, the great thing about this new strain of (brain eating?) super lice, is that they’re easy to find.

No more fussing with those tight bristled little combs, you can pretty much “weed” these suckers out with a hammer.

giant_isopod_450.jpg

important question: on my mac, if i hit control and then click on that pic, could it become my desktop?