Fave Rock N Roll Scream

The worst?

Counting Crows - "Rain King"

I am... The Rain King

Yeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Ugh. It's the moment that single-handedly turned me off to anything else they produced since then.

yeah that could have had a little more omph to it.

theres a comercial rock track, don't know the name of the song or artist but it the chorus is anlong the lines of

"standing on the roof tops everybody scream now, standing on the roof tops everybody scream now, now scream your heart ooouutt"

that grates my teeth every time I hear it. If your gonna sing a song with lyrics like that you better fucking scream not just whine like an emo.

Now I have to go listen to Blood Brothers - Set Fire To The Face On Fire- to wipe that one from my memory

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the woman that sings on "The Big Gig In The Sky."

Claire Torry is her name.

I gotta go with Daltrey on Won't Get Fooled Again. Saw whats left of The OO in Ireland last year and he nailed the scream. The venue shook.

The intro to Kick out the Jams is a close second for me though.

• 10 years later...

Resurrection from 10.5 years ago!

I stumbled across this. It's only part 1 (of 4!), but here's someone who did some serious homework giving his argument. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xSGIx-kwYU

Resurrection from 10.5 years ago!

I stumbled across this. It's only part 1 (of 4!), but here's someone who did some serious homework giving his argument.

Yeah Cornell was top of the game! My fav scream of his is right at the beginning of A Room A Thousand Years wide! Also same album hard to beat Holy Water too