Jay Bennett interview from Glide

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, dmait.

Its a weirdly written article, isn't it? With all those headlines? I suffered through it only to realize I still don't like him, don't believe a word he says, and really don't care what he's doing. And he looks like a fat Brett Michaels in that ridiculous picture.

Its a weirdly written article, isn't it? With all those headlines? I suffered through it only to realize I still don't like him, don't believe a word he says, and really don't care what he's doing. And he looks like a fat Brett Michaels in that ridiculous picture.

That's hilarious. The first thing I thought of when I saw that picture was that he looked like a lost member of Poison. :yay

Guest wrinkleintherug
Good read. Jay probably will be instantly linked with Wilco for the rest of his career, but I have also read several post-Jay Wilco reviews that bring up Bennett's contributions to the band or infamous sacking. Seven years on and they are still connected.

--Mike

"career" ?

Yeah, Jay's got a career. He plays music and everything.

:lol

Whenever a Jay thread starts, people feel an obligation to chime in with whatever negative horseshit they can conjure up. I saw Jay fairly recently and he was damn good. I don't believe he was practicing his new found sobriety but, other than that, his music was great.

I root for him. He fucked up his opportunity with Wilco but I believe he had some help with various substances, ego, etc. He's a talent and I look forward to his new output.

:lol

Whenever a Jay thread starts, people feel an obligation to chime in with whatever negative horseshit they can conjure up. I saw Jay fairly recently and he was damn good. I don't believe he was practicing his new found sobriety but, other than that, his music was great.

I root for him. He fucked up his opportunity with Wilco but I believe he had some help with various substances, ego, etc. He's a talent and I look forward to his new output.

Me too. :thumbup

Vintage Bennett -- a triumphant return to melancholy narcissism! Brilliant! :worship

To quote myself, "Jay Bennett's kind of a duchebag."

I don't see anything douchey about that at all. Do you think there will ever be an interview with Jay Bennett that doesn't bring up his participation with Wilco? Unless he makes it back to the national spotlight on his own or with another band, he's going to be associated with Wilco for a long time. Amy Fisher comes with a built-in lead-in paragraph. So does Marion Barry. Would it be narcissistic of either of them to suggest that they do?

I don't see anything douchey about that at all. Do you think there will ever be an interview with Jay Bennett that doesn't bring up his participation with Wilco? Unless he makes it back to the national spotlight on his own or with another band, he's going to be associated with Wilco for a long time. Amy Fisher comes with a built-in lead-in paragraph. So does Marion Barry. Would it be narcissistic of either of them to suggest that they do?

Keep on apologizing, apologist.

Jay Bennett is a talented person and I look forward to his new releases. I wish that he would come to Florida. I hope for only the best in his life.