As Halloween is just around the corner I was wondering if anyone had live recordings of any of their halloween concerts? I know that a few are on live phish official recordings, but these are missing songs. Thanks for any help.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Halloween is just around the corner I was wondering if anyone had live recordings of any of their halloween concerts? I know that a few are on live phish official recordings, but these are missing songs. Thanks for any help.

They're missing songs? All of the Halloween "musical costume" shows are official releases as is the '90 show from Colorado College. I wasn't aware any of them were missing songs.

There are hundreds, maybe thousands of Phish shows up at bt.etree.org, and I would bet there is a Phish BT site out there somewhere.

They're missing songs? All of the Halloween "musical costume" shows are official releases as is the '90 show from Colorado College. I wasn't aware any of them were missing songs.

To my knowledge the '94, '95, '96 and '98 shows are complete - with bonus material as well on the '98 show.

According to wikipedia, Vol. 13 is missing the last song they played at the concert.

As for bt.etree.org my college network does not allow for peer to peer, (or maybe I have not figured it out hoe to get around it),so this is not really an option for me.

I found both this, and this before, but they do not have a few of the shows I am looking for.

Thanks for all the help.

According to wikipedia, Vol. 13 is missing the last song they played at the concert.

As for bt.etree.org my college network does not allow for peer to peer, (or maybe I have not figured it out hoe to get around it),so this is not really an option for me.

I found both this, and this before, but they do not have a few of the shows I am looking for.

Thanks for all the help.

I didn't know you were on a college campus network - sorry. I don't have any Phish shows - so I can't do anything for you. I don't really mess with anything but Wilco and related bands these days. There must be a Phish B&P site out there somewhere.

I didn't know you were on a college campus network - sorry. I don't have any Phish shows - so I can't do anything for you. I don't really mess with anything but Wilco and related bands these days. There must be a Phish B&P site out there somewhere.

Thanks for the help any way.

Griddles - shoot me a PM if you'd like (B&P).

Done and done.

A few more:

8-22-93 Eugene,OR

9-22-93 MSG (most of that MSG run, actually)

3-18-95 Philly

6-23-92 Star Lake, PA

6-14-92 Giants Sta.

5-26-95 Seattle

3-17-93 Cap Center, MD

i was at most of those shows. will say the msg was usually a good run!

I love Phish. I have been listening to them since '88 and first saw them in early '89. I am, no doubt, most a fan of Phish when they are well-rehearsed and playing more complex compositions. I find most of the so-called ambient and funk of the later years boring and not playing to the band's strengths. I am excited to see them return though i will not travel to see them. I hope that they practice practice practice! The tightness of the composed sections is, of course, one reason. But more importantly, the improv is more focused when they are well-rehearsed, IMO. I think the last few Phish albums have been painfully bad, but I loved the self-titled Trey Anastasio album and Trey's semi-classical effort, Seis de Mayo. So I was excited that as we lead into this next era of Phish we had Trey composing for an orchestra. Perhaps a yearning to get back to his Stires roots? Well, I just finished listening to Time Turns Elastic from the recent Ryman performance. Yikes. Not my style at all! It sounds more like a Disney soundtrack than anything like Ravel or Debussy (two of trey's stated biggest classical influences). I don't want to jump to conclusions as Phish is a different project, but I have high hopes that Phish can turn a corner by bringing some great NEW music to the party. This, for me, is not going to be it.

/Debbie Downer

/Debbie Downer

I'm with Moe/Debbie. Phish doesn't owe me anything, but I fall into the category of a phan that has had a little bit too much of the soap opera surrounding the band. If you think about it, basically since Big Cypress, the band (or Trey) have been tentative in their commitment to the band. I think they've admitted as much -- Trey said that he thought they should've hung it up on 1/1/00. This has resulted in uninspired shows, sloppy play, rumors of a hiatus, a hiatus, a return, more sloppy play, and the ultimate send off at Coventry. Now they are back again. Full disclsoure: I've been seeing them since '95.

I love(d) Phish and I will repeat that they don't owe me anything. But I feel somewhat jilted as a fan over the last 8 yrs or so. I have little interest in travelling to see them but would try to catch them if/when they make their inevitable return to MSG (if I can stomach the crowd and the nightmarish scene that I am already anticipating). I know they have it in them to come back and to come back with a drive and a sense of purpose that shows in their music and reflects the ideals of the Phish of old. I am not sure how much confidence that I have that they will do so, though. I really don't have any interest in going along for the ride if they don't.

Cheers to you both, Moe and Matt. I think we all agree on this: if they're gonna do this thing, then by God do it with the respect it deserves. It's too important to go jacking off onstage.

Cheers to you both, Moe and Matt. I think we all agree on this: if they're gonna do this thing, then by God do it with the respect it deserves. It's too important to go jacking off onstage.

The Phish of old would've agreed with the three of us. I think that's what makes this hard for me. And while I was bummed with the direction the band took, I could always respect their decision to go on hiatus and then break up. They respected themselves, the music and the phans too much. They knew.

The Phish of old would've agreed with the three of us. I think that's what makes this hard for me. And while I was bummed with the direction the band took, I could always respect their decision to go on hiatus and then break up. They respected themselves, the music and the phans too much. They knew.

Well said.

No tickets for me :(

Not sure if I'll try through ticketmaster on Saturday. It looks like the World Series is going to be here now (money's tight) and they're going to announce tour dates at the beginning of the year anyways. It would be fun to be there for that reunion weekend (or not, depending on the crowd)

No tickets for me :(

Not sure if I'll try through ticketmaster on Saturday. It looks like the World Series is going to be here now (money's tight) and they're going to announce tour dates at the beginning of the year anyways. It would be fun to be there for that reunion weekend (or not, depending on the crowd)

I think its fair to say the wooks will be out in full force! :stunned

On another board someone mentioned that they should stream it. Although i'd appreciate a free stream, id go to a movie theatre like they did for brooklyn and coventry

I think its fair to say the wooks will be out in full force! :stunned

On another board someone mentioned that they should stream it. Although i'd appreciate a free stream, id go to a movie theatre like they did for brooklyn and coventry

I was thinking the same thing. The movie theatre would be great. I never got to go to those because I was at those shows, but I heard it got pretty wild in those theatres. I don't think it's too far fetched either because they would have to be filming these three shows anyway, right?

I'd love to be at the barn checking out these rehearsals. They better be playing Fluffhead. Maybe we'll see some Fuck Your Face, Guy Forget, Destiny Unbound. I love their cover of Light Up or Leave Me Alone, also.

I didn't go to the theatre to see Brooklyn but as I recall didn't they open that show with the timeless classic "Dinner & A Movie"? You gotta love those guys.

This kinda interesting. It is supposedly the tape that Phish sent to Phil Lesh prior to their '98 Phil & Friends stint at the Warfield. Seems odd to me they would include Terrapin (particularly since it's not that good, IMO), but there it is...

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=519316

On April 6, 1999, two cassettes were given to Phil Lesh. The tapes are labeled "PHISH Various Live For Phil - Phish Archives". These were tunes for the band (Phil and Friends) to learn for the upcoming shows (April 15-17 1999). The labels say "Refence DAT>Cassette No Dolby". So basically, these are cassettes made off of the DAT master soundboard tapes. I'm almost done transferring them. I'm sure some of these already circulate in SBD, but I figured I would still get this out. I can also scan the tape labels too

Here is the track list:

Terrapin Station 8/9/98

Down With Disease 12/11/97

Circus Comes To Town 7/9/98

Piper 11/20/98

Loving Cup 11/30/97

2001 8/8/98

Chalk Dust Torture 8/1/98

Frankie Says 11/9/98

Prince Caspian 10/15/98

Character Zero 7/30/97

Runaway Jim 8/17/96

Driver 10/29/98

Gumbo 7/29/97

My Soul 11/16/97

AC/DC Bag 7/21/98

Bathtub Gin 8/16/96

enjoy.....Charlie Miller

Charlie Miller, too!

Those were some nice 3 shows with them sitting in with Phil. Kimock sat in a bit, as did Donna. They did do a Terrapin. Also, of the Phish catalog: a Chalkdust, a Prince Caspian, a Down with Disease, and I believe a Wolfman's Brother. All good stuff. They seemed top really have a blast and things melded quite well on stage.

That Wolfman's is amazing. Kimock is on lap steel, I believe. So funky. And Phil does Fishman's vocal part. Shit's hilarious. Phil and Friends actually kept this tune in rotation after these shows.

• 2 weeks later...

10/29/94 Memorial Auditorium, Spartanburg, SC

I: My Friend My Friend, Sparkle > Simple > Runaway Jim, Foam, Lawn Boy, Split Open and Melt > Buffalo Bill > Makisupa Policeman > Rift

II: Down With Disease > The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday > Avenu Malkenu > TMWSIY Reprise > Sparks, Uncle Pen, You Enjoy Myself, HYHU > Bike > HYHU, Run like An Antelope > Sleeping Monkey > Antelope Reprise

E: Harry Hood

notes: Antelope included a Star Wars jam before the transition into Monkey. Buffalo Bill was played for the first time since 11/21/92 (224 shows)

I pulled this from the archives here. The fact that this is just another typical (read: mind blowing) show from one of the best tours ever shows how high the standard was then. Looking at the set 2 list shows why I came to the conclusion that these guys were the best thing going at the time. An incredible roller coaster ride through many musical styles. To go from one of the best rock riffs ever ("Sparks") to Uncle Pen and THEN to a monster YEM...well it's pretty incredible stuff.

I should mention that the AUD I have is very nice - the TMWSIY is played so beautifully, and there is almost zero crowd noise...makes it an outstanding version imo. And no one in their right mind would complain about a Hood encore!

Nothing from this show made the cut on the excellent "A Live One" (being recorded) and this show is definitely overshadowed by the next one - the amazing White Album Halloween Show - but this is worth a good listen.